Partner at Axis Talent
Views:1579 Applications:239 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Senior Associate - Investment Banking (4-8 yrs)
The job description (for our investment banking client) is as follows:
We are one of the first exclusive startup investment banking teams in India (IIM alumni, ex-VCs/ibankers) looking to add a few core team members to our Mumbai practice in hypergrowth phase. This is an opportunity to be part of one of India's first dedicated new age businesses and startups focused investment banks. If you are passionate about venture capital, technology and startups, this opportunity will appeal to you.
As a Senior Associate, you will be a key member of the team and will have the exciting opportunity to work with senior investment banking professionals on venture capital, private equity and M&A transactions. You would spend your time on researching various startup sectors, building complex financial models, developing sophisticated pitchdecks, and interfacing with C-level professionals/founders across startups and VC/PE funds.
The ideal candidate would have 4-8 years of Investment banking or corporate finance or fund-raising experience. Strategy/finance experience in a funded startup or a deep appreciation with the startup sectors/transactions would be an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- End-to-end deal execution responsibility form preparing deal collaterals (financial modeling, valuation, pitchdecks etc.) to deal documentation (term sheets, shareholder agreements) and coordinating due diligence and managing investor communication
- Assist in deal origination through desktop research, preparing pitches and client engagements
- Assist in due diligence initiated by investors which will involve collating data, analysis, assessing implications on the deal, etc.
- Advising on definitive agreements (share purchase agreements, share subscription agreement, etc.)
- Researching different sectors and develop investment thesis to form a view on sectors/ segments that are likely to do well in future along with appropriate rationale and pursue such sectors to identify BD opportunities
- Originating and cultivating relationships with clients, prospective clients and investors