Recruiter at Mainstream Technologies
Views:1523 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Senior Associate - Equity Research - Oil & Gas Sector - CA/CFA (2-5 yrs)
Role Outline/Job Summary
The Global Research Center (GRC) in Mumbai is a full research office working with Equities Research and Strategy, Equity Quant Research, Economics Research, Commodities Research, and Rates Research. It also handles various critical functions such as Research Distribution, Global Data Services, Modeling and Risk Management.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Associate
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-Day Responsibilities: The associate will work closely with the Mumbai based Analyst covering Oil & Gas companies.
- The Associate's main responsibility is to support the analyst with coverage of existing companies and also help with initiating coverage activities.
- The associate would be required to take ownership of the models and write a substantial part of the report.
- There will be thematic work alongside supporting daily coverage, including periodical products.
- Candidates will also help prepare research presentations and research notes for internal and external consumption as well as model building and maintaining a number of industry databases.
Required Preferred :
Education: The candidate will hold one of CA (preferably from Big Four Accounting Firms) or MBA from a premier academic institution.
Experience: 2-4 years of equity research experience. Oil and Gas sector research experience
- Strong understanding of the Oil & Gas business (value chain, business models, new emerging issues); prior work experience in the Oil & Gas sector is desirable
- Strong writing skills (good at structuring the report and articulating the key findings); ability to synthesize ideas in clear, logical, and precise written English; must be already involved in writing research reports.
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and valuation modeling skills (DCF and Relative Valuation).
- Ability to collect and analyze sector data based on secondary information. Ability to build market sizing models and understand industry dynamics, key trends and their implication on companies under coverage.
- Good data management and analysis skills and a high degree of comfort with Excel; should be comfortable in maintaining and updating existing models and databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with companies and sales/trading colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, possess strong organizational and excellent communication skills.
- The candidate should be a pragmatic "self-starter"; who can work both independently if the analyst is traveling or as part of a team.