Recruiter at Mainstream Technologies
Views:3596 Applications:374 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Senior Associate - Equity Research - Chemicals Sector - Investment Banking (2-6 yrs)
The associate will work closely with a top-rated team covering European Chemicals (both in London and Mumbai). The Associate's main responsibility will be to support the team with coverage of existing companies.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities :
The associate will be expected initially to help support the team's research by taking ownership of company and industry models, help maintain industry databases as well as contribute to drafting research reports. The team is widely known for its in-depth industry/thematic work and the associate would be expected to increase understanding of industry trends and contribute to the team's thematic as well as company-specific content.
Types of projects may include, but are not limited to :
- 60%/40% specific company coverage support vs. thematic/cross-company research
- Specific company coverage support on large/mid-cap Chemicals stock coverage. Primary task would be to keep company models updated for forecasts, news flow etc. Assist in background research on individual company product lines
- Preparation of maintenance research products such as preview notes and results notes
- Performing ad hoc client requests, often to deadlines
- Publishing thematic research reports with extensive analysis of key emerging issues
- Support the analysts in developing new products and new stock coverage.
- The sector is technical and has a significant commodity orientation. Maintaining databases to fully appreciate the market dynamics is important and these commodity trends are presented through monthly reports; we would expect the associate to help to sustain the models and contribute to these reports.
- We publish a daily news email that pulls together research from all global chemical analysts; news flow, valuation sheets. We would expect the associate to prepare this.
- We need to publish in a competitive time-frame our views on scheduled releases, such as company results, as well as ad-hoc releases. We would expect the associate to contribute towards this.
Education : MBA from a premier academic institution or CA (preferably from Big Four Accounting Firms)
- CFA Certification
- Degree in Chemical related discipline.
- Candidates who possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing/communication skills as well as modelling, forecasting, and valuation experience.
- Candidates should demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in Excel, data analysis and representation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a passion for the markets.
- 2-4 years of experience in research, investment banking or another analytical and demanding role.
- Previous experience with the Chemicals or engineering or similar sector is desired.
- Knowledge of market data providers such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset preferred.
Certifications : citi
- Ability to understand company business models/industry structure from equity research perspective.
- Solid data management and analysis skills and a high degree of comfort with Excel; should be comfortable in maintaining and updating existing models and large complex databases. Ability to collect and analyze sector data based on secondary information.
- Strong valuation modeling skills (DCF and Relative Valuation); good understanding of key financial metrics; strong financial statement analysis skills, should be already involved in supporting coverage of stocks.
- Strong report writing skills (good at structuring the report and articulating the key findings); Ability to synthesize ideas in clear, logical, and precise written English; must be already involved in writing research reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with companies and overseas colleagues.
- Good verbal, comprehension and written communication skills and should be able to communicate at different levels (within and outside the team) with ease.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and will possess strong organizational skills.
- The candidate should be a pragmatic "self-starter"; who can work both independently if the analyst is traveling or as part of a team.