Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:1261 Applications:157 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:111
Senior Associate - Direct Taxation - Tax Advisory Firm - CA (3-4 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services. Serve as business advisor to clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes.
- Assist in CIT(A) / ITAT, preparing case for opinion, briefing counsel and Draft submissions for scrutiny & appeals.
- Handle complex taxation issues and developments such as BEPS, GAAR, indirect transfers, AMP related adjustments etc. Acquiring all necessary information/Documents from client and Reviewing documents/forms/returns internally to maintain accuracy.
- Maintain data controls of research papers and conduct hygiene checks on regular intervals. Prepare service summary.
- Understanding client requirement from Client/Principals and gearing up to deliver by way of the following: Analyzing available information & prepare checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client
- Undertaking comprehensive reviews of business operations to identify tax planning opportunities as well as compliance gaps. Administer all direct tax processes and compliance, including corporate tax, transfer pricing, financials related certifications, fringe benefit tax, withholding tax etc.
- Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions while involving Articles in data research for working on the base report of the assignment.
- Planning & strategizing approach for litigation and exploring unique way to resolve tax disputes of clients. Innovating & enhancing processes to achieve commercial targets effectively.
- Supporting Principals & Partners by drafting memo's/ opinions and reports, getting them reviewed and presenting the final report to client for closure. Building client relationship and confidence by demonstrating thorough understanding of the client's requirements and business.
- Demonstrating professionalism by working within legal and regulatory guidelines while remaining independent and objective at all times.
- Drafting Appeals for review by Partner/principal & attend hearing. Planning & Coordinating with clients for obtaining necessary documents. Attending hearings/ submission of appeal and proactively updating the client on a regular basis with regards to assignment development.
- Reviewing Notice/Orders and responding to them by way of the following: Analyzing available information & preparing checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client. Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions.
- Draft & prepare proposals & pitch presentations. Evaluate potential business acquisition areas. Assist principal/partners in preparing strong pitching ground to acquire new business.
- Identify leads from external & existing clients. Grow industrial knowledge and scope to enhance services to existing clients.
- Draft engagement letters accurately. Take care of the end to end invoicing process including follow ups for outstanding's & tracking payment status.
Research & Technical Opinions :
- Execute an exhaustive research for the clients in line with their expectations. Ensure usage of all tools (External market data/internal portals) to generate effective research.
- Undergo regular technical trainings/ knowledge sharing session within team to deliver effectively as well as efficiently.
People & Team Management:
- Conduct regular connect sessions with team to identify areas of interest & expertise. Ensure task are equally & fairly allotted to the team.
- Design coaching programs to groom Trainee Articles. Promotes the Dhruva way using examples and incidents around the Dhruva values.
Knowledge Management :
- Regularly update Knowledge management database with new updates. Share industry updates with the team and encourage sharing of best practices within team and across teams.
- Develop content for networking in external events & seminars. Share knowledge acquired from external forums with team members. Develops industry/ business and sector knowledge.
- Representing & endorsing firm's expertise and scope of service at various external forums. Interacting with peers and building a high-quality network in the industry.
- Publishing articles& research papers on regular basis. Sharing knowledge and learning at external forums to increase visibility and credibility.
Essential skills, experience & attributes:
- Fully qualified CAs only.
- 0 to 4 years of experience in Direct & International tax practice.
- Passion to work in indirect tax field. Good understanding of tax laws.
- Good command over MS Excel - can use formulas and comfortable with computations
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels). Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- An energetic and innovative individual with entrepreneurial attitude and strong business acumen.
- Financial analysis and modelling skills with excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Stress resilient with ability to handle multiple simultaneous priorities
- Ability to work cooperatively as well as independently under pressure with close attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities.
- Immediate joiners preferred.
-Industry candidates with relevant experience in Corporate and International DT can also be considered.