Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:389 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Senior Associate - Direct Taxation/Litigation - Tax Advisory Firm - CA (6-9 yrs)
Senior Associate (Manager) - Direct Taxation - Advisory & Litigation - Leading Tax Advisory Firm
Roles and Responsibilities: Manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services.
- Assist in CIT(A) / ITAT, preparing case for opinion, briefing counsel and Draft submissions for scrutiny & appeals in all matters relating to Corporate Direct Taxation.
- Explore alternative tax dispute resolution avenues.
- Assist in preparation of advance ruling application and provide support for representation before the Authority for Advance Rulings (AAR).
- Assist in drafting and presenting applications to the competent authority for Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP) under the tax treaties
- Assist counsels in preparing/representing appeals/petitions before high courts and Supreme Court.
- Planning & strategizing approach for litigation and exploring unique way to resolve tax disputes of clients. Innovating & enhancing processes to achieve commercial targets effectively.
- Demonstrating professionalism by working within legal and regulatory guidelines while remaining independent and objective at all times.
- Drafting Appeals for review by Partner/principal & attend hearing. Planning & Coordinating with clients for obtaining necessary documents. Attending hearings/ submission of appeal and proactively updating the client on a regular basis with regards to assignment development.
- Reviewing Notice/Orders and responding to them by way of the following: Analyzing available information & preparing checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client. Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions.
Research & Technical Opinions:
- Execute an exhaustive research for the clients in line with their expectations. Ensure usage of all tools (External market data/internal portals) to generate effective research.
- Undergo regular technical trainings/ knowledge sharing session within team to deliver effectively as well as efficiently.
People & Team Management:
- Conduct regular connect sessions with team to identify areas of interest & expertise. Ensure task are equally & fairly allotted to the team.
- Design coaching programs to groom Trainee Articles. Promotes the Dhruva way using examples and incidents around the Dhruva values.
- Regularly update Knowledge management database with new updates. Share industry updates with the team and encourage sharing of best practices within team and across teams.
- Develop content for networking in external events & seminars. Share knowledge acquired from external forums with team members. Develops industry/ business and sector knowledge.
- Representing & endorsing firm's expertise and scope of service at various external forums. Interacting with peers and building a high-quality network in the industry.
- Publishing articles& research papers on regular basis. Sharing knowledge and learning at external forums to increase visibility and credibility.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Fully qualified CAs only. CA plus LLB preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Direct & International tax practice, mainly in handling litigation matters.
- Passion to work in direct tax field. Good understanding of tax laws.
- Good command over MS Excel - can use formulas and comfortable with computations
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels). Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- An energetic and innovative individual with entrepreneurial attitude and strong business acumen.
- Financial analysis and modelling skills with excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Stress resilient with ability to handle multiple simultaneous priorities
- Ability to work cooperatively as well as independently under pressure with close attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.