People Search Consultant at Metaphor Infotech
Views:450 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Senior Associate - Direct Taxation - Compliance & Litigation - Consulting Firm (2-4 yrs)
Senior Associate - Direct Taxation - Consulting Firm
JOB TITLE : Senior Associate - Direct Taxation
JOB LOCATION : Mumbai
Role DESCRIPTION :
Manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services. Serve as business advisor to clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes.
Client Delivery :
- Assist in CIT(A) / ITAT, preparing case for opinion, briefing counsel and Draft submissions for scrutiny & appeals.
- Handle complex taxation issues and developments such as BEPS, GAAR, indirect transfers, AMP related adjustments etc. Acquiring all necessary information/Documents from client and Reviewing documents/forms/returns internally to maintain accuracy.
- Maintain data controls of research papers and conduct hygiene checks on regular intervals. Prepare service summary.
- Understanding client requirement from Client/Principals and gearing up to deliver by way of the following: Analyzing available information & prepare checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client
- Undertaking comprehensive reviews of business operations to identify tax planning opportunities as well as compliance gaps. Administer all direct tax processes and compliance, including corporate tax, transfer pricing, financials related certifications, fringe benefit tax, withholding tax etc.
- Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions while involving Articles in data research for working on the base report of the assignment.
- Planning & strategizing approach for litigation and exploring unique way to resolve tax disputes of clients. Innovating & enhancing processes to achieve commercial targets effectively.
- Supporting Principals & Partners by drafting memo's/ opinions and reports, getting them reviewed and presenting the final report to client for closure. Building client relationship and confidence by demonstrating thorough understanding of the client's requirements and business.
- Demonstrating professionalism by working within legal and regulatory guidelines while remaining independent and objective at all times.
- Drafting Appeals for review by Partner/principal & attend hearing. Planning & Coordinating with clients for obtaining necessary documents. Attending hearings/ submission of appeal and proactively updating the client on a regular basis with regards to assignment development.
- Reviewing Notice/Orders and responding to them by way of the following: Analyzing available information & preparing checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client. Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions.
BD Support :
- Draft & prepare proposals & pitch presentations. Evaluate potential business acquisition areas. Assist principal/partners in preparing strong pitching ground to acquire new business.
- Identify leads from external & existing clients. Grow industrial knowledge and scope to enhance services to existing clients.
- Draft engagement letters accurately. Take care of the end to end invoicing process including follow ups for outstanding's & tracking payment status.
Research & Technical Opinions :
- Execute an exhaustive research for the clients in line with their expectations. Ensure usage of all tools (External market data/internal portals) to generate effective research.
- Undergo regular technical trainings/ knowledge sharing session within team to deliver effectively as well as efficiently.
People & Team Management :
- Conduct regular connect sessions with team to identify areas of interest & expertise. Ensure task are equally & fairly allotted to the team.
- Design coaching programs to groom Trainee Articles.
- Knowledge Management
- Regularly update Knowledge management database with new updates. Share industry updates with the team and encourage sharing of best practices within team and across teams.
- Develop content for networking in external events & seminars. Share knowledge acquired from external forums with team members. Develops industry/ business and sector knowledge.
Brand Management :
- Representing & endorsing expertise and scope of service at various external forums. Interacting with peers and building a high-quality network in the industry.
- Publishing articles& research papers on regular basis. Sharing knowledge and learning at external forums to increase visibility and credibility.