Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:133 Applications:19 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Senior Associate - Direct Tax - Knowledge & Solutions - Tax Advisory Firm - CA (1-5 yrs)
Direct Tax - Knowledge & Solutions - Senior Associate - Leading Tax Advisory Firm
Roles & Responsibilities : Manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services.
Knowledge & Solutions :
- Ideate solutions on commonly faced issues in tax paradigm based on facts and examples so that, applied solutions can be stored for future references.
- Develop strong technical knowledge of the tax domain which help forecasting future challenges and decision Making.
- Identifying knowledge content/important legal developments and preparing regulatory and legislative updates in consultation with Seniors and Partners.
- Analysing the important developments in the tax world and their impact in the Indian context
- Developing proprietary knowledge for the Firm (such as , creation of databases, writing white papers/publications and Position Papers on contentions tax issues, tax ideation and other internal knowledge documents)
- Working closely with different teams and providing analysis to drive insight into specific client issues
- Identifying dated content and updating content on the knowledge database independently or in consultation with Partner.
- Track the progress of projects against the plans. Facilitate project requirements; capacity planning and prioritization
- designing and developing written materials tailored to specific clients in support of business development and proposal efforts.
- Promotes innovation at the Firm recognizing new concepts and facilitating its in depth analysis (e.g., facilitates documentation for KM of the new framework developed by client facing team as part of client work)
- Develop content for networking in external events & seminars. Share knowledge acquired from external forums with team members. Develops industry/ business and sector knowledge.
- Document solution provided on specific client problem and generalize the solution for future references.
- Ensure quality of content on KM platforms
Research & Technical Opinions :
- Execute an exhaustive research for the clients in line with their expectations. Ensure usage of all tools (External market data/internal portals) to generate effective research.
- Undergo regular technical trainings/ knowledge sharing session within team to deliver effectively as well as efficiently.
- Reviewing Notice/Orders and responding to them by way of the following: Analyzing available information & preparing checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client. Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions.
People & Team Management :
- Conduct regular connect sessions with team to identify areas of interest & expertise. Ensure task are equally & fairly allotted to the team.
- Design coaching programs to groom Trainee Articles. Promotes the firm way using examples and incidents around the firm values.
Brand Management :
- Representing & endorsing firm's expertise and scope of service at various external forums. Interacting with peers and building a high-quality network in the industry.
- Publishing articles & research papers on regular basis. Sharing knowledge and learning at external forums to increase visibility and credibility.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in Direct & International tax practice.
- Excellent Research skills
- Transactional experience in corporate tax (preferable) or litigation in corporate and commercial law matters and working knowledge of general corporate law issues. Good command over MS Excel and MS Power Point - can use formulas and comfortable with computations.
- Ability to grasp know-how value, understand key/substantive issues in regulations/policies, judgments, legislations, and other legal documents and communicate/analyse/ summarise the same comprehensively, simply, and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels). Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- An energetic and innovative individual with entrepreneurial attitude and strong business acumen.
- Financial analysis and modelling skills with excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Stress resilient with ability to handle multiple simultaneous priorities
- Ability to work cooperatively as well as independently under pressure with close attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities.
Problem Solving : Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
Executing : Proactively planning, establishing priorities, allocating resources and implementing assignments. Monitoring and adjusting work to accomplish goals, deliver the firm's mandate and create client delight.
Firm Building :
- Striving to improve the firm's image, offerings and overall performance. It demands organizational commitment and blending of visionary thought with pragmatism and perseverance to meet and balance the client's and firm's needs.
- Institutionalizing values, practices, processes, policies, developing capability and culture to create the platform for firm development.
- Continuous Learning & Expertise Building
- Committed to think about the ongoing and evolving levels of expertise and perspective required to cater to changing client and industry requirements.
- Driven to consistently expand technical knowledge, distribute work-related knowledge to others in order to help the firm stay ahead of the curve.
Nurturing Relationships :
- Working to build and maintain warm and strategic relationships or networks with people who are part of the firm's immediate and extended circle.
- Helping everyone in experiencing the "firm way" and thereby create long lasting, trusted and mutually beneficial relationships.
Leading People :
- Clarifying expectations, delegating and supervising effectively to enable the team to give off their best.
- Rolling up sleeves to demonstrate and guide while giving enough space to people when required.
Desired Candidate Profile : Qualified CAs only