Senior Recruitment Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:3706 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Senior Associate - Credit Risk Reporting - Investment Bank (7-9 yrs)
We are hiring for a leading investment Bank in Gurgaon.
Total experience: Preferably 7-9, with a minimum of 5 years in banking, rating agencies, financial analytics, consulting firm (in decreasing order of priority)..
We are primary looking for a candidate with experience in Credit risk reporting /credit risk/ financial risk reporting (in decreasing order of priority).
Key primary skills you should look for: Credit risk reporting, Future exposure, RWA, Concentration risk, Single name risk, understanding of FI, Large corporates product understanding.
Secondary skills: SAS, VBA, MS Office- Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Automations. Please note that secondary skills should not be all over the resume and shall not supersede primary skills.
Avoid business analyst, retails portfolios like credit card, consumer loans candidates, developers.
What did Business do?
Risk reporting team is a central team responsible to meet all reporting requirements of NWM Risk. Which include various internal MIS, Board level submissions and regulatory reports across (Credit/Market/Operational) NWM Risk stripes.
What does this role holder do? (Accountabilities)
- What are the key accountabilities of the role?
- With a primary focus on Credit Risk Reporting- ensuring compliance to Reporting & Control policy, which include Completeness, Accuracy & timeliness of the information in the report. Following adequate controls and governance to ensure Report is fit for purpose.
- Brings out business insights, ensures that the MI are adequately supported with business commentary
- Liaise and communicate with varied stakeholder groups
- Brings out business insights, point out anomalies in data if any and interpret key metrics movement.
- Monitor and report on the credit quality of the portfolio both in terms of risk profile and performance.
- Represent team in various change & transformation projects.
- Build required validation/reconciliation checks and challenge the accuracy of numbers
- Train and mentor junior team members
- Review team's quality of deliverables as per agreed SLA .
- Interactions with counterparts in other geographies, hence less than a 100% overlap in work hours
- Ability to translate business requirements into the final deliverable and make it fit for purpose
- Comply with Our Code, all policies, - How we manage -, and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations.
- Proactive identification and effective management and/or escalation of conduct risk to deliver key customer outcomes
2LOD - Oversight & Control
- Own and develop the risk and control mechanisms for the business to use to discharge its responsibilities, independently overseeing and challenging effective management of risks and controls within agreed risk appetites.
- Risk practices and behaviours are consistent with the bank's target risk culture where - risk is simply part of the way we work and think- .
- Provide expert advice to the business on risk management including providing senior executives with relevant management information and reports, escalating concerns where appropriate.
Purpose of Role
- The role requires the individual to create and support business/regulatory MI, regulatory data submission related project work and conduct ad-hoc analysis to support various stakeholders and help enhance the overall credit reporting experience.
- The nature of MI will encompass both recurring and ad-hoc assignments. The tools/ infrastructure must support the timely and accurate delivery of MI packages. Creating and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOP- s) around these processes is required. The ability to optimize and automate MI packages is essential. Understanding of the data structures and being able to translate customer requirements into timely, accurate and visually appealing packages is an important element of the job. The role requires the analyst to understand the underlying trends reported in
What are the skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the role?
- 6+ years of experience in risk reporting and/or portfolio Analysis
- Role holder should have a broader understanding of credit risk (CCR, banking book, IFRS9 etc.)
- Financial acumen (understanding of credit risk metrics/ indicators and their relationship with the firm's assets, businesses, regulation and stakeholders)
- Role holder should be able to engage with senior stakeholders including Front office, Risk managers, IT, auditors etc.
- Exposure to Programming (SAS desired) and working knowledge of Excel, Access, and VBA is required.
- Independently run small Continuous improvement project
- Display behaviors in line with Our Standards.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.