Senior Associate - Compliance - Financial Services Sector (3-5 yrs)
LLB/MBA/CS, 3-5 yrs exp ; Senior Associate Compliance
The Employer is a platform in the financial services sector in India set up primarily with the mission of catering to the diverse credit requirements of under-served households and businesses.
- Play a central role in the area of identifying the level of compliance risk in each business line, products and processes and issue instructions to operational functionaries / formulate proposals for mitigation of such compliance risk (i.e., risk of violating external and internal requirements) by ensuring that each line management develops and implements an effective system of internal control in order to manage the compliance risks.
- Incorporate a robust mechanism to ensure that (i) regulatory guidelines / instructions are promptly issued / disseminated within the organization. (ii) monitor compliance with the regulatory guidelines/ instructions (iii) highlight the instances of compliance failures
- Serve as a reference point for the teams from other departments for seeking clarifications/ interpretations of various regulatory and statutory guidelines
- Work in close co-ordination and partnership with other verticals to ensure businesses operate under the requisite stipulations advised by regulators/statutory bodies.
- Identify compliance risks, and risk drivers, develop and facilitate implementation of internal controls, monitor, test and report the effectiveness of internal controls periodically, provide functions having external interface with advice on acceptable behavior and practices, monitor changes in external and internal requirements, employee training based on regulatory/statutory requirements
- Fulfil specific statutory responsibilities (e.g., calendarizing and ensuring filing of returns, adherence to policies, processes, and procedures.)
- Liaison for various inspections by regulator(s) and closure of observations made.
- Co-ordinate for comprehensive review and reporting on compliance issues and actions at yearly/quarterly/monthly basis as may be decided by the Board/ACB/CEO.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.