Global Talent Search Partner at XL Recruiters
Views:323 Applications:109 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Senior Analyst - Research - Deal Advisory Research Team (1-5 yrs)
We are recruiting for a Senior Analyst in the Deal Advisory Research team. Working as a Senior Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to research assignments - either as a part of an ongoing client engagement, or as a part of business development efforts conducted by the entity
Conceive, design and execute secondary research on:
- Company: business model, segments, revenue model, strategy, issues / challenges, M&A history, competitive positioning, organization structure, key management, recent developments, SWOT, etc.
- Market: industry value chain, size and growth outlook, trends and drivers, growth inhibitors and challenges, competitive landscape, Porter's / PESTLE analysis, etc.
- Transactions: identify investment targets, review target Information memorandum, conduct operational and commercial due diligence, etc.
- Financials: broad analysis of income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, ratios, segment performance, etc.
- Competitors: comparative performance of companies on financial and operational KPIs, relative strengths and weaknesses, etc.
- Prepare client ready presentations that are well structured, logical and clear to understand
- Undertake exhaustive research for deliverables and triangulate information and data points from various data sources
- Suggest alternative data sources/research methodologies, suggest proxies and run creative queries to fetch difficult to obtain data
- Logical thought structuring and ability to draw insights/so-what's in simple to mid-complex projects with guidance
- Articulate findings through use of clear, concise, and grammatically correct business English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to develop simple bespoke frameworks to represent research and offer innovative ways of presenting information
- Proactively seek guidance to decode scope requirements and ask relevant questions to get to the big picture
- Proactively use past learning to connect dots, offer innovative ways of presenting information and develop simple bespoke frameworks
- Meet all internal/external timelines and provide solutions in case of delays
- Adequately assist project lead on client calls
- Work reasonably independently, with appropriate supervision and guidance from Team Lead/Assistant Manager/Manager
- Work collaboratively with onshore teams in the development of and delivery of presentations and key findings
- Total Experience: The candidate must have 1.53 years of relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in a professional services firm / third-party KPO / specialized research houses, or research divisions of investment banks; with and MBA qualification from a Tier I/II college