Recruitment at Black Turtle
Views:6212 Applications:189 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:135
Senior Analyst - Market Research - Banking & Capital Markets (3-5 yrs)
Senior Analyst - Banking & Capital Markets
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual who is accustomed to working well in a close-knit team. We are seeking a person with 3+ years of experience in BFSI sector with strong research, analytical, and writing skills, and an excellent command of the English language.
The professional will be expected to support, develop, write, and deploy thought leadership pertaining FSI, bulk of which would be published externally. The professional will need to develop research ideas, frame hypotheses, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, synthesize findings, and demonstrate strong writing and analytical skills.
Thought leadership includes deliverables such as in-depth research reports, client presentations, case studies, articles, and blog posts that integrate research from both primary and secondary sources. Examples of research sources include proprietary surveys, interviews with subject matter experts and industry leaders, third-party databases and commissioned research, and secondary research, such as analyst reports, government publications, presentations, industry commentaries, and news articles.
The professional will be expected to support development of research ideas, frame hypotheses, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, synthesize findings, and demonstrate strong writing, presentation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Support in designing research proposal and formulating research plan.
- Demonstrate sound working knowledge in B&CM sector or its segments (Retail banks/capital markets/payments) by delivering industry insights.
- Raise the profile and differentiation of our thought leadership by infusing it with insights derived from advanced analytic techniques, such as predictive analytics, data mining, text mining, and/or sentiment analysis.
- Analyze academic literature, primary research, financial statements and indicators, case studies, and quantitative data (a knowledge of advanced statistical analysis will be necessary for the latter).
- Present research proposals and findings to senior colleagues in the United States.
- Work collaboratively with the practice leadership and other teams (e.g., marketing professionals, knowledge management, public relations) to prepare thought leadership deliverables.
- Contribute to writing professional, publication-worthy reports targeted at a C-suite audience.
- Liaise with the India FSI team leader,US-based research lead to understand, refine, and manage project expectations and priorities.
Requisite core skills:
- Passionate about developing "ahead of the curve" insights, delivering results, and achieving success.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and a strong team player.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to research and provide deep insights on varied and complex sector topics. Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (strong statistical analysis skills are preferred).
- Sound analytical skills with extensive experience in one or more of the following research methods: Primary research (surveys, interviews), financial analysis, secondary research, data analysis, and case study research.
- Sound business writing skills- ability to develop an appealing, succinct narrative. Should be able to convey complex research ideas in a compelling manner. Journalistic and narrative style of writing is preferred along with prior experience in developing and writing research reports.
- Strong presentation and verbal and written communication skills, and an experience communicating to, and working with, virtual teams.
- Ability to develop compelling and analytical data visualizations using one or more software tools, such as Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint or others.
- Accustomed to working in teams, including virtual teams. Highly developed personal and professional ethics are expected.
- Social media: Broad understanding of key social media platforms is preferable- for instance, Twitter, LinkedIn, and SlideShare. Must be savvy and hands-on with some of these platforms.
The broader Deloitte Insights team
The Deloitte Insights team's mission is to undertake research and analysis to develop compelling and forward-looking perspectives that allow clients to anticipate, prepare for, and respond to - what's coming next.- The team plays an integral role in strengthening the firm's strategic positioning through end-to-end development of high-quality thoughtware published on company website Their work includes:
- Managing relations with internal stakeholders.
- Using advanced data science and survey advisory capabilities to strengthen the credibility of insights.
- Leveraging editorial and visualization capabilities to improve the stickiness of firm thoughtware.
Qualifications, experience, work location, and timing
- Academic qualification: Master's Degree like MBA/CFA
- Work experience: 3+ years
- Location: Mumbai
- Work hours: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.