HR at Zenworx Knowledge Partners
Views:1796 Applications:457 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:454
Senior Analyst - Investment Research (2-5 yrs)
An ideal candidate would have had at least 2-4 years of previous experience supporting a large financial institution (investment bank, private equity fund, hedge fund or asset manager etc.).
- Highly numerate, strong critical thinking and quantitative reasoning
- Good commercial acumen - candidate should have a strong interest in business and finance and have a good understanding of general business dynamics (including an understanding of the fundamentals of micro- and macroeconomics etc.)
- Fluent English, with excellent oral, aural and written command of the language
- Strong attention to detail - incl. spelling, grammar, consistent formatting etc.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to create reports or presentations to a professional standard (including creation of charts, data tables and other appropriate graphics)
- Ability to write well-structured memos, including the use of a table of contents, page breaks, section dividers, indentation, multi-level bullets etc.
- Ability to use all key excel functions, including data tables, indirect cell referencing, lookup functions, simple regression analysis etc.
- Ability to sort through large volumes of data (experienced using database search tools) and exercising good commercial judgement to extract relevant information e.g., an ability to review the content of selected company/broker reports to ensure they address the relevant topic/issue and synthesize key findings into short summary note
- Experience using Google Advanced Search, Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Crunchbase, Pitchbook, SEC Filings, RNS (or equivalent systems/sources)
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, including the inter-relationship between the key financial statements (profit and loss statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement)
- Should be able to build an integrated financial model from scratch and be confident auditing or amending working models (including an ability to fix circular references)
- Familiar with standardized financial metrics (sales, gross margin, net income) and non standardized financial terms (Non-GAAP metrics including EBITDA, free cash flow, capital employed)
- Applying appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support investment actions
- Create financial benchmarking sheets to track key financial / operating metrics of peer companies
- Manual and automated screening of companies across sectors for further deep-dive analysis
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of corporate finance and valuation techniques
- Understands the concept of Enterprise Value, Net Debt and Equity Value
- Familiar with standard valuation methodologies
- Familiar with key financial ratios, incl. profitability margins, liquidity and solvency ratios
General Market Analysis:
- Understanding of general business theory and the basics of economics
- The candidate should be able to perform a basic market review where the relevant public information is available (or summarize relevant data from a report), e.g. total market size (sales & volume), market growth rates, overview of the key customers and suppliers, changes in share over time, barriers to entry, elements of competitive advantage or differentiation, market segmentation etc.
- MBA /CFA / PG Finance