Consultant at Kelly Services
Views:148 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Senior Analyst - Data Science/SAS - KPO (4-10 yrs)
Designs and implements processes and solutions associated with a wide variety of data sets used for data/text mining, and analysis to enable informed business decisions. Gains insight into key business problems and deliverables by applying statistical analysis techniques to examine structured and unstructured data from multiple disparate sources. With moderate direction, creates solutions from initial concept to production. Communicates results to a broad range of audiences. Effectively uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via an understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis.
- Identifies what data is available, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes (e.g., collaborating with customers to create new information via a survey)
- Works with internal and external subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information
- Explores diverse data sets from a variety of different sources to gather, synthesize and analyze relevant data and draw conclusions that can be used to identify relevant issues, business concerns, and trends
- Formulates hypotheses about relationships and underlying models and carry out experiments with the data to test hypotheses and models
- Explores data to discover or refine hypotheses, discovers new relationships, insights and analytic paths from the data
Statistical Analysis & Evaluation:
- Develops experimental design approaches to validate finding(s) or test hypotheses
- Identifies/creates the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns
- Gathers relevant information, identifies relationships, deduces from cause to effect, and draws logical conclusions
- Finds patterns in the data and finding correlation in related or unrelated variables
- Works in iterative processes with the customer/business partner and validates findings
- Develops innovative and effective approaches to solve analytical problems and communicates results and methodologies
- Develop metrics that can be used to drive business decisions
- Provides analytics expertise in order to solve in depth and technical problems
- Applies intermediate/advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems
- Story telling/presenting with data insights and actionable recommendation
- Helps the business understand the scientific principals behind their process in order to gain stakeholder buy-in
- Work with business users to assist and teach tools and techniques to the teams while partnering with the business users to solve their business problems
- Provides thought leadership and dependable execution on diverse projects
- Assists discovery process with stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcome
- Presents/frames business scenarios in ways that are meaningful and depicts their findings in easy to understand terms
Qualifications & Specifications :
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, engineering, operations research, economics & statistics. Masters- degree will be first preference
- Experience of at least 4 - 8 years of analytics, informatics and statistics
- SAS programming experience, e.g. SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise miner; advanced macro development and reporting skills.
- Expert in SQL; Experience in using RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata.
- Exposure to BI and visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire, D3.js
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.