Consultant at Kelly Services
Views:762 Applications:315 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:212
Senior Analyst/Associate Director - Financial Controller - US GAAP - CA/CMA/ACCA (9-17 yrs)
The senior analyst role is a newly created role, it is a key enabler for RTR teams to take greater end to end responsibility for closing and financial reporting. This directly aligns with one of finances strategic objectives to clarify, simplify and scale our operating model.
They key purpose of the role is to provide financial analysis for a specific product line(s), ensuring financial statements are complete and accurate and explaining results to stakeholders. This is achieved through strong partnership with RTR accounting and reporting teams, as well as A&F and business teams within the NA region.
Ensure Accuracy of Product Line Financial Statements - 40%
- Reviews product line financial statements during the close, proactively investigates unusual trends to ensure that reported numbers are complete and accurate.
- Partners with RTR accounting and reporting teams to drive root cause analysis (RCA) and corrective actions as required.
- Reviews and approves high risk/high complexity journals and balance sheet reconciliations for specific product line.
Perform Product Line Financial Analysis - 40%
- Produce balance sheet and income statement analysis, developing commentary to explain key trends, supports communication of results to A&F and business stakeholders in the region.
- Understands key business metrics and value drivers, able to interpret and correlate these in relation to financial results.
- Contributes commentary for specific product line to the Controls Review Package (CRP).
- Produces Lower Level Financial Review (LLFR) analysis and commentary and supports communication to A&F and business stakeholders in the region.
Partner with and Regional Teams - 20%
- Partners with CI, PI, GPO and RTR teams to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, making the end to end accounting and reporting process more efficient and effective.
- Partners directly with other process towers to answer key queries/resolve issues as required.
- Build strong connection with regional A&F, FP&A and business stakeholders for specific product line, keeps up to date with key business developments to ensure this context supports their analysis and understanding of the financials.
- Provides support to finance and business initiatives in the region as required.
- Acts as key point of contact for specific product line, providing finance and business teams accounting and reporting advice as required.
Education, Experience, Skills
In bulleted statements, indicate the education, experience and skills for this position. Education includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc. Skills include applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position. Also include other specific requirements such as environmental conditions, physical effort, shift requirements, travel requirements, etc. Indicate only the actual MINIMUM REQUIRED qualifications. Other items should be listed in the preferred qualifications section.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant (CMA).
- 4-8 years of Accounting and Financial Reporting experience, skilled in US GAAP accounting, with minimum of 3-5 years experience in financial statement analysis, as well as presentation and communication of results to senior stakeholders (preferably gained in a captive shared services environment).
- A Continuous Improvement mindset, with proven track record of driving efficiency savings and effectiveness improvements.
- Possess a strong stakeholder partnering acumen and has proven influencing skills.
- High level of data and digital literacy, proven track record of being able to analyze and drive insight from large and complex data sets.
- Self-starter with curious mindset, strong analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experienced in SAP, or Oracle ERPs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CIMA/ACCA qualified with 4 years post qualification experience.
- Management of stakeholders in regional and global environment.
- Experience working in a FMCG, B2B, or commodity trading industry.
- Proven ability to work across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Other relevant information to the position
Examples may include: Career benefits; development an individual can gain by serving in this role; People Leadership (if applicable); Observable behaviors that encompass the applied knowledge, skills and attributes that distinguish and drive superior performance.
- This role could be a successor for the NA Senior Team Manager, NA Tower Lead, or RTR Process Architect roles.
- The role would position the individual in some key roles within the Accounting and Finance organization globally and other operational/leadership roles.
Place in the Organization - Identify where this position fits into the organizational structure (at least one level above and below, if applicable). Indicate how many people this position is responsible for supervising, both the number of direct and indirect reports.
Macro Level Summary Stats/Comments
Location - Bangalore
Direct Reports - None
FTEs Complexities - None
Individual contributor role that needs to be able to drive others to action through influence rather than direct reporting line.
- New role, will require ability to work with some levels of ambiguity, but gives the opportunity for candidates to stamp their own mark on the role and influence how this best operates in the future.
Position Contacts / Complexity - Indicate the types of contacts/roles, both internal and external, that this position will interact with on a regular basis. List the complexities that must be overcome to achieve the position accountabilities.
Internal / External Contacts Micro Level - Complexities
- Business teams
- FP&A teams
- Regional A&F teams
- IT Managers and Supervisors
- Finance COEs
- A&R Domain Leads and other Finance leads e.g. Tax, Treasury etc.
- Global Process Manager/Owner (GPM/GPO)
- Regional /Global Finance Leaders- Driving strong partnership across the end to end, both within and into the NA region
- Embracing Change i.e. shared services build, finance job family change, personal reactions to new environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.