Senior Consultant at HeadPro Consulting LLP
Views:2622 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Security Analyst - IT (3-5 yrs)
Security Analyst For a leading MNC Company
Job Description :
Position Summary :
- The Security Analyst will be responsible for helping to develop and maintain the security of Companies and it's Clients. This position will implement and maintain technology based security systems and capabilities to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability of data and systems.
- Successful candidates will have some knowledge in the overall field of security and problem-solving skills to tackle normal issues encountered in an enterprise environment as well as unique issues and problems without precedent. The position requires knowledge of enterprise technologies and architectures and expertise in implementing technology best practices for major vendor software installations as well as proprietary applications. The position will require expertise in, network and system security, configuration/authorization/privilege management and vulnerability management.
- This role will also be involved in providing greater awareness around security and interact with other departments in implementing high standards of security and functionality throughout the organization.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with senior management to evaluate technologies, establish priorities and communicate timelines to deploy new security solutions. Tests and implement appropriate security methods and control techniques to protect users and data. Develop, test and implement security plans, products and control techniques.
- Investigate information security incidents as needed and apply knowledge in forensic investigations, data recovery and the handling of digital evidence. Participate in the incident management process, working with other staff to quickly contain incidents and develop proactive measures to mitigate the risk in the future.
- Responsible for operational expertise in core security technologies (Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Vulnerability Management (VM), anti-malware, and Firewalls/IDP
- Responsible for conducting Vulnerability Management activities and prioritizing, coordinating, and tracking remediation activities across groups
- Contribute to the ongoing development of educational and awareness building materials and activities related to security. Along with this is the ongoing operation of anti-phishing activities
- Effectively communicate complex technical issues with sensitivity to diverse audiences.
- Create a climate and convey a sense of urgency to drive security risk remediation with aggressive deadlines. (- Honesty- )
- Work with outside vendors and internal customers to deliver high quality and secure computing environment in a cost effective manner.
- Bring awareness and controls into the various IT functional areas for security management. (- One Team- )
- Other duties as assigned or as responsibilities dictate.
- Bachelor's degree with demonstrated interest in technology, handling of technology issues and analytical analysis of problems
- Industry accepted security certifications not required (CISSP, SANS, etc.) but are a plus
- 3+ years experience with security related technologies, or related/relevant experience
- Demonstrated abilities in project management and meeting timelines
- Understanding of networks and network based security technologies (Firewall, IPS, IDS, SIEM).
- Understanding of scripting languages for automation.
- Knowledge of application security issues and configuration best practices for Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Server products (Exchange, IIS, Lync, SharePoint) and associated Office products, mobile devices.
- Understanding of Cloud based solutions (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS service delivery models) to ensure solutions meet the security needs of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight on complex system administration tasks. Strong hands-on technical skills and background (including knowledge of Operating Systems and Network Devices). Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts, understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls including risk assessment methods and technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and priority/time management.
- Strong customer service, analytic, communication (oral and written) and troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience
Pankaja - 6362626779
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.