Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:2127 Applications:64 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Sector Lead - Climate/Environment/Sustainability - Science/Technology & Policy Study Centre (10-20 yrs)
- The Center for Study of Science, Technology & Policy (CSTEP) is a Bangalore (India) based Think Tank founded in 2005, a not-for-profit research organization with a mission to enrich policymaking with innovative approaches, using science and technology for a sustainable, secure, and inclusive society. Their research spans across areas such as Renewable Energy, Air Pollution, Power, Urban Development, Transport, Materials and Storage, Climate and Energy Policy, and Artificial Intelligence for Development.
- At CSTEP, they believe that policymaking should be driven by evidence. In order to achieve this, they develop and use various modeling tools to analyze policy scenarios and recommend policy changes in the areas we work in. In addition, they have built multidisciplinary research capacity to include engineers, economists, policy specialists, pure and social scientists, and IT experts to ensure that their research has long-term impact and meaningful outcomes that incorporate social and economic perspectives to a scientific solution.
- For more information, please visit CSTEP's website: http://www.cstep.in/
Reason for hire:
CSTEP is expanding its work to achieve its vision to become the foremost institution for policy innovation and analysis in the next 10 years. They are seeking a strong leader to help them grow their portfolio in Climate, Environment, and Sustainability sector in India. This role involves strategy development, research, investigation and analysis of various elements of work. The incumbent will play an important role in managing the changes within the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
External: Work with Executive Director and Chief Communications and Outreach Officer to:
- Engage with policy-makers to help identify the critical problems in the sector and offer solutions for these problems
- Develop rapport with key donors (and policymakers) in sector to obtain funding for projects in sector
- Prepare and execute a communications plan to ensure that the organization is sufficiently highlighted on issues related to the sector
- Speak to media/press or external entities when needed
- Speak at various fora on issues related to the sector
- Raise profile of organization
- Assist in raising core grants when needed
Internal: Work with the Executive Director and Project Management Cell to:
- Manage a team of highly qualified and competent researchers in the respective domain with the objective of building thought leadership and sector development
- Provide sufficient direction to researchers within the organization to maximize their potential and abilities
- Identify suitable research staff to be added when needed to maintain the capacity and level of expertise needed for the execution of research projects
- Keep the costs of research within the grants raised for the activity - financial prudence
- Manage and build a team of researchers
- Groom leaders within team
- Masters / Bachelors Degree in similar field with specialization in Climate, Environment, Sustainability/Energy or Power sector related degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience with 5+ years in a management position, preferably overseeing a department or small organization through periods of significant growth and expansion.
- Experience in representing externally to senior stakeholders across public, social, and private sectors.
- Experience of working with the Indian government or key policy makers.
- Experience of managing a diverse and highly qualified team.
- Experience of working with media/press or external entities.
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.