Section Incharge - Coke Oven Mechanical Maintenance (15-18 yrs)
Section incharge :- Coke Oven Mechanical Maintenance, (Engeering in mechanical)
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Graduate in Engineering (Mechanical)
- Experience of around 15 to 18 years in maintenance function, preferably from the manufacturing sector
- Ability to read and understand engineering design
The Mechanical Maintenance Incharge is responsible for maintaining equipment and ensuring the provision of timely and effective maintenance services & engineering support to ensure continuous and smooth operations like spares management, overseeing repair and condition monitoring, and leading a team of mechanical maintenance engineers and technicians.
KRA's and Key Activities :
1. Responsible for efficiently planning and budgeting for the mechanical maintenance activities for the department.
2. Overseeing the execution of mechanical maintenance carried out and ensuring there is minimal maintenance delays in the operations.
3. Coordinate with vendors for planning and executing the installation and commissioning activities for new machines/equipment to ensure timely completion of all activities.
4. Prepare, implement and ensure adherence to planned & preventive mechanical maintenance (PM) schedule for the department.
5. Ensure timely breakdown maintenance services are provided to the sections by the team, review the breakdowns and recommend solutions and interventions for complex issues.
6. Review cause and effect analysis was done by the team in cases of a machine breakdown, to identify the origin and root cause of failures; take measures to prevent repeat incidents. Provide guidance and inputs on the same.
7. Review the troubleshooting activities conducted by the team, analyze the procedures followed, and identify innovative solutions to manage breakdowns
8. Analyze the frequent breakdowns and brainstorm measures to avoid breakdowns with the team to find permanent solutions.
9. Lead the team in conducting root cause analysis of breakdowns, reviewing downtime reports, initiating remedial action, building a knowledge base, and taking necessary steps to avoid recurrence.
10. Review PDCA, CAPA, delay analysis reports, and motor failure analysis reports prepared by the team and provide inputs on the same.
11. Review and plan for Annual Maintenance Contract and vendor support for various equipment
12. Oversee procurement of parts, components, spares, and services required by the electrical team and ensure optimal inventory of the various equipment, spare parts, and consumables required for maintenance.
13. Study the reports and data on existing equipment and machines' condition, performance, machine life, and probable risks/ unique conditions; Plan for new machine/equipment installation and commissioning, and other capital expansions in consultation with HOD
14. Responsible to manage capital procurement, installation, and implementation of continuous improvement, safety, and cost-saving initiatives.
15. Lead and manage the electrical maintenance team
16. Ensure adherence to the principles of 5S during maintenance operations and take an active part in TPM, TQM, Six- Sigma and kaizen activities
17. Initiate projects and initiatives under CoRe, Kaizens, TPM, etc. aimed at enhancing overall improvement in maintenance activities, quality of maintenance, and reduction in cost.