Recruitment Team at Schneider Electric
Views:1448 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Schneider Electric - Senior Engineer - Project Procurement (5-6 yrs)
Senior Engineer, Project Procurement
Project Procurement will be responsible for the international procurement of equipment and services according to the established policies of the company. The Project Procurement will work with stakeholders to improve the procurement process in order to attain the maximum value for the company. You will be responsible for purchasing processes through to purchase orders that ensure delivery of material, equipment, and services to meet the company requirements.
Other highlights of the job include:
- Develop and drive project procurement strategy to support hub business grow, profitability, cash flow improvement thru continuous productivity improvement initiatives.
- Oversees all Procurement activities associated with the effective purchasing of Project requirements by the Procurement Department in accordance with Project or end user schedules, specifications and budgets.
- Develop and responsible in conjunction with Project Managers/Coordinators the Project Procurement Plan and Execution Strategy for individual Projects.
- Develop and administer bid panels, issuing bid requests, coordinating answers to bidder questions, analyzing bids, preparing commercial bid summaries and recommendations in accordance with established procedures
- Ensures that the procurement process is in adherence to company and client requirements, company policies and procedures to ensure successful delivery of project requirements.
- Ensures that all purchases are competitively bid or that sufficient justification and documentation is obtained to allow non-bid purchases.
- Evaluate risk and implement an appropriate risk management plan to prevent both cost and schedule over run and ensure continuity of supply for the projects.
- Handle and manage Project RFQ- s, commercial evaluations, PO award and PO administration to final delivery and PO close out.
- Develop and maintain a commercially sound Vendor base, survey the market for new supply sources including non-traditional ones and maintain Project - Approved Vendor List- .
- Manage the evaluation of vendor performance on continuous basis with the team.
- Monitor and review market conditions and price & delivery trends for Project materials and equipment.
- Exercises excellent time-management skills, evaluates and plans the associated activities of the buying staff, and stays within the constraints of the projects schedule.
- Co-ordinate factory loading forecast to enable factory material planning to provide timely delivery of material to support project execution.
- Provide logistics & warehouse support to Project delivery team including seaworthiness packing and delivery the completed system to customer sites.
- Deploy work improve and tool to streamline the end to end processes and operation to achieve work efficient and/or saving
- Ensure team are updated with Trade compliance requirement to adhere to the rules and doing the due diligent check competently
- Submit on a monthly basis a consolidated group savings report and special project orders.
- Any other task as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Engineering and 5 years of related experience in managing large projects, 5 years experienced in process automation, Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) or Large Oil & Gas industries preferably.
- Strong Knowledge of Project procurement practices and costs structures; strong negotiations skills and contract law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of management is required. Outstanding verbal, presentation & facilitation skills plus effective listening skills, high energy and engaging.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP System