SBI - Head - Legal - Contractual Role (20-25 yrs)
RECRUITMENT OF SPECIALIST CADRE OFFICERS ON REGULAR & CONTRACTUAL BASIS
ADVERTISEMENT NO : CRPD/SCO/2018-19/12
Online Registration of Application & Payment of Fees : from 09/01/2019 to 31/01/2019
- State Bank of India invites Online applications from Indian citizens for appointment to the following Specialist Cadre Officers posts.
- Candidates are requested to apply Online through the link given on Bank's website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers
Post : Head (Legal)
Regular/ Contractual : Contractual
Age as on 01.12.18 :
Min : 50 Yrs
Max : 62 Yrs
Educational Qualifications (As on 01.12.2018) :
- Degree in Law (3 years/ 5 years) and Post Graduate degree in Law from a recognized University or Institution in India.
(Candidates who joined 5 years course and left after 3 years are not eligible)
Post qualification Experience (As on 01.12.2018) :
- Should have practiced as Advocate for a minimum period of 3 years and Minimum Service of 20 years as law officer in Scheduled Commercial Bank/s and should have served in the capacity of General Manager for at least 1 year.
- The experience should be after enrollment as an advocate with Bar Council.
Likely place of posting : Mumbai
Job Profile :
- Providing analytical and comprehensive in-house legal service across a broad range of legal issues (including those involving the affiliates of organization)
- Keeping oneself updated and also, wherever necessary, briefing the top management of the organization about the latest legal developments.
- Disseminating knowledge on relevant legal issues and developments to the operational functionaries and, if required, suggesting/ initiating necessary changes in the policy, procedure or functioning of the organization.
- Offering opinion on various legal issues including those related to recovery, restructuring, resolution etc.
- Analyzing, drafting, vetting and negotiating agreements, contracts, deeds or documents required in the course of business.
- Supporting the operational functionaries in understanding and mitigating the legal risk in contracts, negotiations, deeds, projects etc.
- Mapping out strategies, in coordination with the relevant operational functionaries, for effective litigation management.
- Coordinating with statutory authorities/ regulatory authorities/ self-governing bodies on issues involving legal aspects.
- Instructing and coordinating with advocates and other professionals wherever necessary.
- Supporting operational functionaries in conduct of litigations by and against the organization and attending the court or tribunal or any judicial/ quasi-judicial forum, whenever required.
- Supporting and developing the in-house legal team
- Any other work/ responsibility that may be assigned, from time to time, by the Bank