HR at State Bank of India
Views:702 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
SBI - Dean - Studies - State Bank Institute of Leadership - Contractual Role (15-25 yrs)
A Dean of Studies for State Bank Institute of Leadership, Kolkata
(ADVERTISEMENT NO. CRPD/ SCO-DEAN/2018-19/09)
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 25.12.2018
A. DESIRED PROFILE:
The Dean has to position SBIL as a premier institute for BFSI training and also enhance the brand image of the institute in terms of vision, values and quality. The candidate should have right mix of skills and experience in education as well as banking and finance.
Minimum: 40 Years, Maximum 65 years as on 31.10.2018.
C. MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
i. MBA from Top Indian/International - B Schools, OR
ii. Ph.D. from Top Indian University or Top Indian /International B-Schools,
iii. Preference will be given to those having MBA/Ph.D. in the discipline of Banking and Finance
The candidate should have adequate experience in a leading industry/ educational/ research institute.
E. DESIRED SKILL SETS :
- Experienced administrator (Academia or Banking & finance industry).
- Skilled in creating and maintaining good faculty relationships and best teaching practices.
- Adept in evaluating, encouraging, and motivating staff and students.
- Proactive natured with exceptional leadership abilities.
- Strong communication and decision-making skills.
- Knack to represent education facilities at events on national and international levels.
- Experienced in hiring and training faculty.
- Experienced in policy making and operations.
- Proficient with latest development in academia and the banking and finance industry.
- High quality published work in the recent past and assignment of visiting faculty and net-work memberships.
- Capabilities to lead research activities.
- Should be Tech-Savvy and capable of leading training activities in the digital age.
- Should be prepared to work with SBI's existing strategic training system with its present strengths and build on them.
F. ROLE EXPECTATIONS AND JOB PROFILE :
The Dean of the institute will primarily be the head of Academics. He/ she would strive to position the institute as a premier institute in BFSI sector. Apart from designing the courses and leading the research, he/she would also be marketing the Institute/ programmes to external institutions. He/she will assist the Director in running the institute.
G. PRIMARY FUNCTIONS :
i. Academic :
- To lead ideation of institute vision and directive principles.
- Work with appointed council and bring in expertise to define courses and curriculum to that direction.
- To be responsible for the academic leadership of the faculty, including all aspects of teaching, learning, research and knowledge transfer.
- To have overall responsibility for the academic quality and health of all programs based in the faculty.
- To have lead responsibility for ensuring a high quality student experience for students in the faculty.
- To partake in faculty and student selection process.
- To lead research activities at the institute.
ii. Marketing :
- To design strategy to establish the institute as a reputed institute of leadership and research in banking and finance within and outside India.
- Build strategic partnerships with best in class academia to promote the institute as well as bring in expertise.
- Build relationships and partnerships with banking and financial institutions within and outside India to develop course curriculum and programs in line with industry details.
- Promote the institute, programs and faculties in appropriate forums to build the institute brand.
iii. Administrative: (Assisting the Director)
- Define policies and guidelines for the institute to operate within.
- To be a member of the Institute's Executive Committee, lead and manage all the affairs of the institute.
- To lead and deploy faculty staffing as required in order to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post, properly directed by the line manager. These variations will not change the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The application format is available on Bank's website www.sbi.co.in/careers.
- Candidates should down load the application format and complete it in all respects.
- The completed application with photograph & signature of the applicant should be sent by post to the address mentioned in the application form along with the photocopies of following papers.
- Proof of age (Copy of 10th/ 12th standard certificate showing the Date of Birth).
- Certificates and testimonials regarding academic qualifications.
- Certificates regarding experience in the relevant area.
- A one page write-up as separate annexure, describing career and performance achievements in service with supporting documents.
- Candidates serving in Government/ Quasi-Government offices, Public Sector undertaking will be required to submit - No Objection Certificate- in original from the employer at the time of interaction.