SBI - Data Protection Officer - Contractual Role (15-20 yrs)
RECRUITMENT OF SPECIALIST CADRE OFFICERS IN SBI ON CONTRACT BASIS
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CRPD/ SCO-DPO/ 2020-21/ 23
ONLINE REGISTRATION OF APPLICATION & PAYMENT OF FEES: FROM 18.09.2020 TO 08.10.2020
- State Bank of India invites Online application from Indian citizen for appointment to the post of - Data Protection Officer
- Candidates are requested to apply Online through the link given on Bank's website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers
- Candidates are advised to check Bank's website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers regularly for details and updates (including the list of shortlisted/ selected candidates). The Call Letter (letter/ advice), where required, will be sent by e-mail only (no hard copy will be sent).
Post : Data Protection Officer
Selection Process : Shortlisting & Interview
Place of Posting : Mumbai/ anywhere in India
Max. Age (as on 31.08.2020) : 55 Years
Contract Period : 2 Years
Educational Qualification :
Basic : Graduation or its equivalent
Preferred Professional Certification :
- Certified EU GDPR Foundation,
- CIPP (Certified Information Privacy Professional),
- CIPT (Certified Information Privacy Technologist),
- CIPM (Certified Information Privacy Manager) etc
Specific Skills Required :
- Highly developed specialist knowledge in the General Data Privacy Regulation underpinned by theory and experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional and/ or personal self- development.
- Expert knowledge of data privacy laws and practices.
- Exposure to Data Privacy laws & regulations such as General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR ), UK Data Protection Act 1998 etc.
- Knowledge of Information lifecycle, risk management & data security areas.
- Extensive knowledge of Information Governance disciplines.
- Skill of interpretation of national guidance and legislation and subsequent local implementation.
- Flair for managing staff and implementing budgets. Training Delivery.
- Capacity to work with cross functional teams, attention to detail, organizational skills and multitasking.
- Strong management, motivational & leadership skills with ability to drive large change management programs within organizations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with situations in a sensitive manner.
- Ability to communicate across all organizational boundaries in an appropriate manner
Post Qualification Work Experience :
Basic : Minimum 15 years post qualification work experience (as on 31.08.2020) as Executive/ Supervisor in Corporate Sector out of which at least 5 years experience should be in BFSI Sector.
Preferred : Experience in Data Privacy, Laws & Regulations and other Data Security areas with associated IT skills
- SBI's compliance to data privacy & related regulations in India & in its foreign offices at various jurisdictions.
- Relevant and timely updates on DP matters to senior management.
- Putting in place and communicating the policies and procedures.
- Deployment of relevant communications and training.
- Discuss with Operational Risk Department to ensure that risks are documented; controls are put in place; and monitoring/ testing is carried out.
- Data flows and data inventories are in place and are up to date.
- Complete the Privacy Impact Assessments, wherever required.
- Review and updating of documented risk assessment and plan as required.
- Timely, robust responses to authorities, data subjects etc.
- Delivery of prompt and accurate advice to the business.
- Interpreting and operationalizing regulatory directives
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY :
- Ensuring Bank's compliance with the data protection & privacy legislation in India and other countries.
- Develop and manage Bank's data protection strategy in India, including the development and implementation of Bank's data protection policy and procedures.
- Undertake periodic data protection audits or reviews, including all relevant manual filing systems, archived systems and back up data, in order to ascertain Bank's compliance with data protection legislation.
- Undertake necessary measures to rectify any deficiencies identified by the audit.
- Conduct data privacy impact assessment (DPIA).
- Submit reports on data privacy laws to the Board.
- Collaborate with supporting functions (Legal, IT & InfoSec, Compliance etc.) to stay up to date with new processes and policies.
- Maintain records of processing operations [Personally Identified Information (PII) & Data flow Diagram (DFD)].
- Provide education, training and awareness to all staff members on the requirements of data protection. legislations and care & handling of personal data to ensure that relevant business functions are made aware of both their legal responsibilities as well as steps to be taken for their compliance.
- Provide advice on development of new IT systems & procedures, drafting of data protection notices, obtaining consent from data subjects and operation of the HR function.
- Put in place processes & procedures to deal with data subject access requests and provide assistance & advice in respect of such requests.
- Provide advice and assistance for managing data breaches (if any), including liaising with the Supervisory Authority on behalf of the Bank.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.