SBI - Chief Technology Officer - Contractual Role (20-25 yrs)
RECRUITMENT OF SPECIALIST CADRE OFFICERS IN SBI ON CONTRACT BASIS
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CRPD/ SCO-CTO / 2019-20/ 05
ONLINE REGISTRATION OF APPLICATION : FROM 06.05.2019 TO 20.05.2019
State Bank of India invites Online application from Indian citizen for appointment to the following Specialist Cadre Officers post.
Candidates are requested to apply Online through the link given on Bank's website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers
Nature of engagement : Contractual (5 years)
Max. Age (as on 30.09.2019) : 55 Years
Likely place of posting: Navi Mumbai
Educational Qualification (as on 01.01.2019) :
Minimum Qualification: B.E./ B.Tech./ MCA (from a recognized University)
- M.Sc./ M. Tech. in CS/ IT (from a recognized University) will be an added advantage
Work experience (as on 01.01.2019) :
Minimum 20 years experience in IT field, preferably with software development background.
ii. Out of above minimum 10 years must be in senior executive level position, out of which minimum 3 years should be in banking & financial sector.
Experience should be post minimum educational qualification (Training & Teaching experience will not be counted for eligibility)
Key Skills :
First-hand knowledge in supervising development of large software solutions.
ii. Exposure to Core Banking Solutions, Digital Banking, Networking, IT Infrastructure Solutions, Learning Management Solutions.
iii. Up -to -date with the current and future of IT that could impact the Bank's digital and financial assets.
iv. Technical know-how: Technical architecture skills, technology process skills, Capacity and human capability building skills in IT.
v. Adaptability to different roles: Ability to work within both the executive and technical teams and wear different hats in each group
ROLE, RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Role: Providing technology vision and IT architecture for the Bank, Creating and owning the long term IT strategy for the Bank, assisting DMD & CIO in managing the core IT infrastructure of the Bank, ensuring its future readiness,
Leading IT Transformation projects for their completion in time and providing technical expertise to the Top Management of the Bank.
- Creating Technology vision, architecture roadmap and Policy document for the bank including applications, infrastructure.
- Reviewing, modifying and refining the technology architecture prevalent in the Bank for meeting its projected needs and remaining competitive in the market.
- Helping adopt latest, cost-effective and efficient new technology initiatives by the Bank.
- Ensure un-interrupted availability of IT Hardware and software applications of the Bank for business purposes.
- Conceptualize and execute strategic planning of IT facilities.
- Keeping IT infrastructure (Hardware and software applications) in contemporary state and future ready by adopting latest options.
- Making new software applications or modifications available for business with least turnaround time.
- Keeping IT environment secure as per Bank's IT/ IS Policies.
- Leading IT transformation projects.
- Supervising and monitoring progress of various IT projects for their on-time delivery.
- Drive specific initiatives to create a flexible IT architecture that allows faster speed-to-market for new products and service offerings.
- Enhance digital value proposition of the bank to internal users, customers, and to ensure faster product launches, richer set of features, greater flexibility, etc.
- Providing in-depth technical expertise to the Top Management of the Bank.
- Ensuring optimal utilization of IT resources.
- Adoption of systematic project management methodology in all projects within the vertical.
- Manage key outsourcing relationships, to ensure high quality and timely delivery for SBI at competitive pricing.
- Completion of IT Projects in time.
- Manage and supervise development of various applications catering to IT operations and business requirements.
- Develop IT for rural banking and support other government initiatives e.g. PMJDY, DBTL through systems changes.
- Integrate foreign office IT systems with SBI; ensure adequate support provided to all foreign offices.
- Prioritization of incoming projects/ change requests via active participation in demand management council.
Key Performance Areas:
- Monitor technological, social and scientific trends that could influence the Bank's business goals.
- Identify opportunities and risks for the business from IT dimension.
- Participate in management decisions about IT governance.
- Maintain current information about technology standards and compliance regulations.
- Manage innovation and development of technology and IT assets.
- Communicate the Bank's technology strategy to partners, management and employees.
- Identifying needs and ensuring ideal software solutions are developed to help increase operational efficiency and leading-edge products.
- Ensure un-interrupted 24X7 availability of IT Hardware & software applications of the Bank for business purposes.
- Ensure total quality management through designing uniform processes and procedures.
- Collaborate more closely with the CIO, focusing on innovation and automation.
- Develop and maintain overall framework of IT policies, standards and strategies that will empower business and people to deliver on their commitments to the strategy and budgets.
- Leading IT transformation projects
- Assisting CIO to define the priorities, objectives and targets that underpins what contributes to delivery of value to business aligned with best practices and standards.
- Developing long term plans to sustain and support the business, anticipating the future trends.
- Lead strategic insight and overview of business case justifications and ROI analysis for IT spending and initiatives.
- Ensure implementation of proper standards for governance as well as regulatory compliance.
- Be responsible for risk management and compliance to IT Security policies as well as regulatory prescriptions
- Choosing the technologies and infrastructure to build the product.
- Designing the software architecture, modules and components.
- Building the dev roadmap, with coordination with the others regarding priority of features.
- Deciding on architectural, developmental operational standards and protocols.
- Designing the Database. This includes choosing DB solution and strategies, etc.
- Constantly exploring new tools and technologies to improve development efficiency and product quality.
- The scope of attention of CTO is the technical aspect of the product, its quality, productivity, effectiveness, reliability and the life cycle.
- Maintain relationships with the Bank's technology partners who support various IT applications.
- Enhance the level of monitoring mechanisms for these partners' performance and delivery standards
- Develop and manage strategic vendor and partnership relationships.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and manage costs and schedule of deliverables.
- Provide industry expertise in all aspects of the Bank's IT needs.
- Track a broad range of emerging technologies to determine their maturity and applicability to the enterprise.
- Map current and future technology standards.
- Develop standards and benchmarking for IT applications being used in the Group.
- Evaluate the cost efficiency of emerging technologies and assess their applicability to current needs
Candidates will be required to register themselves online through the link available on SBI website https://bank.sbi/careers OR https://www.sbi.co.in/careers