SBI - Chief Ethics Officer (20-24 yrs)
Recruitment Of Specialist Cadre Officers On Contract Basis
Advertisement No : CRPD/ SCO/ 2021-22/ 08
Online Registration Of Application & Payment Of Fees : FROM 13.04.2021 TO 03.05.2021
State Bank of India invites Online application from Indian citizen for appointment to the following posts
Candidates are requested to apply Online through the link given on Bank's website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers
Experience : Minimum 20 years of experience (as on 01.04.2021) in Banking or Financial Institution or Corporate Sector, as well as experience in the rank of General Manager or equivalent, preferably for 3 to 5 years.
Specific Skills Requires : The candidate should possess proven leadership qualities and have wide experience in the field of Corporate Governance and association with propagation of Culture of Ethics in a large organization, preferably with Banking and/ or Financial Service Sector background.
Role & Responsibility :
The primary responsibility of the Chief Ethics Officer would be to oversee the Ethics in the Bank and to conduct programme in the Bank with the objective of anchoring and promoting a positive ethical culture in the organisation leading to enhancement in brand equity and market reputation.
- Develop, maintain, periodically review and update standards of conduct and expected behaviour, operational policies and procedures on ethics programme and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Develop, streamline and oversee a system for a uniform and expeditious handling of lapses of non-vigilance nature.
- Reviewing policies and procedures of - Non-Vigilance administration of the Bank- (but not involved in the operational issues) for uniform implementation across the Bank.
- Building up of a database of all DPD cases Circle wise, with the resultant penalty/ exoneration, to provide an objective tool to the Disciplinary Authority to decide on any future occurrence of similar nature.
- Reviewing policies to ensure that they demarcate responsibilities of the operating functionaries with minimum possible overlap.
- Identify, assess and document the ethics and procedural lapses risk for the Bank on activities as well as products.
- Serve as a reference point for the operating departments for seeking clarifications on various codes and guidelines.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation point to ensure that ethical issues/ concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Interact with other related departments like Risk Management, Internal Audit, Human Resources, Strategic Training Unit to remain abreast of the latest developments.
- Identify potential areas of ethical vulnerability and to provide corrective action plans for resolution as well as provide guidance to avoid of recurrence of similar instances in future.
- Periodically circulate instances of ethical failures among the employees.
- Ensure adherence to corporate ethics statement by all employees annually.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit Department in identifying areas of audit that addresses ethical violations.
- Provide reports regularly as well as when directed by the Senior Management, providing information on progress of ethics efforts. Formulate annual disclosures on ethics issue.
- Work with the Strategic Training Unit to develop an effective ethics training programme including appropriate introductory training for new recruits as well as ongoing training for maximum possible employees with detailed attention to actions and consequences.
- Monitor performance of ethics programme on a continuing basis and initiating the proactive measures for continuous improvement in ethical matters.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.