SAP India - Business Manager - Consulting - SAP Transportation Management - SAP Solution Delivery Center (14-20 yrs)
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Within SAP Solution Delivery Center, we are looking for an experienced manager with proven experience in operational business as well as in people management. The person should have extensive experience with SAP solutions & be part of SAP implementation projects with a thorough understanding of implementation of SAP methodologies
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Communicate a clear vision of the future: discuss, explain and actively promote the vision within own team, to peers and customers
- Motivate through inspiration and mobilize teams: create a comfortable working environment, establish an atmosphere for discussions, seek for feedback and call for peoples opinions
- Set demanding goals and empower accountability to execute on the mission: derive clear and challenging targets from the level upon plan, assign targets and set priorities, encourage people to take ownership, be there when necessary to decide, to backup or to help refocus
- Actively establish relationships characterized by mutual respect and trust: stimulate individuals to broaden and make use of their network, respect different opinions, diverse cultures and values, work to overcome organizational boundaries and silo thinking, do not accept knowledge hiding
- Encourage people to continuously question the status quo and activate their creative and innovative skills: stimulate individuals to think outside established solutions and processes, invite the team to learn from everything, accept failing investments, think and act lean
- Coach people on their individual development and career opportunities and act as a mentor: support team members and mentees in development planning and fulfillment, act as coach and guide for individuals to find their right career track, turn active if individuals are passive on their development
- Show passion on the job: act as a role model for the team, show authentic behavior, pride and enthusiasm in the own job, demonstrate best practices and encourage team members to share own experiences, celebrate success, promote SAP as a great place to work
Other Management Tasks
- Active support in entire Sales and Delivery Engagement
- Ensuring realization of the sector targets (consulting)
- Structure, development and effective management of a strong consulting team within SDC
- Develop and manage practice growth and skill sets
- Lead knowledge management initiatives regarding the development and use of intellectual property
- Support knowledge sharing initiatives
- Consulting Liaison for Ramp Up/IBU - ensure consulting related KPIs are met
- Realization of Region Deliverable including Customer Satisfaction
- Supply, Demand and Forecast (skill gap planning) Management
- Coordination of project staffing in close contact with Management
- Liaison with Field Services Organization
- Harmonize decisions across multiple opinions across competing organizations
- Identifying of training needs for strategic areas
- Reporting on Utilization & Forecast
- Consulting Services Definition & Maintenance
- Partner Management
- Execution of Strategic Goals
- People Development including Development & Career Planning
- Liaison within and outside Services organization
- Transformation & Change Management
As a People Manager, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors Degree Masters degree preferred but not required.
- Excellent product knowledge, especially SAP solutions for the core logistics & supply chain / Manufacturing/ warehousing solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, result-oriented and effectiveness in problem solving.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- SAP Activate methodology and Solution Manager experience is preferred.
- Training in Acting as a Manager (e.g. leading a team, cascading strategy, people development, internal processes & tools) preferred
- Total experience of 14+ yrs with minimum of 2 years experience in a Senior or Expert position in the operational business
- Ability to drive execution within area of responsibility and experience in aligning cross-topic objectives & approaches
- Experience in strategic thinking and conceptual design of complex projects & programs
- In-depth knowledge in SAP solution and Service industries business process understanding (preferably Airline Industry)
- Experience in customer interaction
- Managerial Experience
- Experience in leading virtual teams cross-border
- Experience in decision making within own area of responsibility / project
WHAT WE OFFER
Contract type: Full-time permanent.
Travel: 10-20 %.