Talent Specialist at Samsung Electronics
Views:649 Applications:200 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Samsung - Service Product Planning Manager - Service Planning & Partnership - OTT (8-14 yrs)
Service Product Planning Manager will strengthen the Samsung Smart TV competitiveness in the market by planning services differentiation strategy based on the market, customer, and competitor and technology analysis. S/He will define the functionalities of the localization services and create short-term and mid-term roadmaps for each service. S/He will continuously research and analyze local & global markets, technology trends and Smart TV developments and explore new business opportunities.
S/He will identify Strategic Partners for Smart TV Service for mutual biz benefits with strong ability to create P&L for monetization.
A. Market Sensing to create product differentiation strategy
- Derive insights on potential new business areas by analyzing new technology, industry trends, products and services
- Set strategies and plan differentiation concepts for in-house solutions
- Research and synthesize insights from market, competition, customers by analyzing market VOCs, sales teams inputs, shop visits, customer reviews, social listening, KPI analysis, consumer insights etc..
- Conduct periodic competitor benchmarking and generate product launch reports
- Identify differentiated technology, customer experience and new concepts that can strengthen the product's competitiveness.
B. Localization Services planning to create short-term and mid-term roadmaps
- Develop the product differentiation plan and positioning strategy based on company, competitor and market analysis and manage the definitions of the specifications
- Work cross-functionally to across business, product, operations, HQ to execute differentiation strategy
- Manage the strategy for the product portfolio by considering market needs and competitiveness
- Develop short-to long-term services roadmap by cooperating with relevant departments
C. Commercialization management for market launch
- Facilitate commercialization of the service in cooperation with the development team
- Develop service launching strategies and plan expansion in relation to the target market
- Manage current features in the region and develop new services features
- Work with relevant departments (R&D, marketing, HQ) regarding the differentiated specifications and carry out the project.
D. Manage Content Partnerships & Monetization
- Support content partners by providing technical, operational and strategic support - app development, certification, deep-linking, metadata/APIs sourcing and quality management
- Manage day-to-day partner relationship and help partners to onboard on Tizen platform
- Closely interlock with internal R&D and external CP tech team to resolve high priority market issues and new requirements
- Prepare new growth opportunities for Monetization with Strategic partners on Smart TV services.