Associate Director at Samhita Social Ventures
Views:388 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Samhita - Manager/Senior Manager - Returnable Grants (8-14 yrs)
Manager/Sr. Manager - Returnable Grant
Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a 'better normal'. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, profit and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
- The incumbent is expected to screen and implement financial inclusion projects and partnerships.
- S/he is expected to build partnerships and collaborations and in the process identify right partners for implementation.
- The role will focus on providing technical guidance to Samhita teams engaged in partnerships with financial service providers for successful deployment of projects.
- The incumbent along with team members will train financial service providers and other key stakeholders in the industry about the financial needs of beneficiaries by organizing workshops and focus groups.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To drive a robust financial inclusion service offer
- Spearhead Operation sales & collection of returnable grants
- Handling Micro-Finance lending Business
- Identifying and quantifying credit risks, implement measures to minimize risks to ensure an objective view & decision on credit request & credit exposure.
- Tracking grant applications.
- Optimizing the grant administration process.
- Maintain a positive, constructive, and co-creative relationship with stakeholders and partners as well as contributing to growing such network.
- Conducting Scenario Analysis based on macro and micro factors that will help in accessing risk.
- Ensuring accurate modelling of allocated portfolios and developing new transaction models and enhancing the existing models.
- Recommending and Implementing process for improvements to programs and prepare forecast.
- Identifying the key financial and non-financial risks, recommending actions for mitigation of those risks.
- Applying appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support investment actions.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in designing and managing development programs, technical experience in financial services.
- Business development and strategy expertise in managing financial products.
- Experience of working with NBFCs, research institutes, banks or consulting firms is a must.
- Excellent knowledge & experience on preparation of high quality power point presentations, excel based financial modelling & analysis.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- MA/MS Degree in business, finance, banking or economics or related field or equivalent training and experience.
Based out of: Mumbai/Pune/Ahmedabad
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions - doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.