SafexPay - Chief Product Officer - Payment Gateway & API Banking - IIM/FMS/MDI/IIT/NIT (8-15 yrs)
A b2b fintech startup is a front runner of the digital payments revolution in India, creating Internet-based payments products that enable businesses to Collect or make payments online in a friction-less manner. A product of over 3 years which is in growth stage, provides a single versatile, scalable payments platform for enterprise-wide electronic payments and collections, related reconciliation and settlement operations, across multiple delivery channels and using a wide range of payment methods.
About the role :
- Our client is looking forward to the product management experts who combine his business knowledge, technical expertise and creativity to develop new products and suggest changes in the existing products to enhance our value proposition.
- As Product Management Head for the Payment Gateway & API banking, you will lead the team responsible for the product roadmap and strategic vision for our client. You will work closely with our various teams which includes but not limited to engineering, analytics, sales and marketing, Design to understand market needs and turn that knowledge into innovative and easy to-use products/features/solutions.
- Design and Develop the payment products/electronic payment services of our client for various client verticals.
- Interacting with Business Managers to ideate the requirements; work with the Technology team and understand the requirements; and integrate these into the client's platform for Payment Gateway & API banking
- Liaisoning with technology team/vendors to implement the solutions; implement additional enhancements to the platform.
- Responsible for making process notes, integration/ interface documents; and communicating them to clients/internal operations team members.
- Providing inputs into the underlying process flows/ workflows/systems for service improvement; and also engaging with internal process teams for definition of payment processes for new clients/ existing clients.
- The product leader would be responsible for owning the payments product - conceptualization of new payments, integration of with financial institution, seamless onboarding of merchants, improve engagement and work on products to grow the retention rates of our active merchant base.
- Escalating issues that are open; or not resolved within the predefined timeframe.
- Project managing the various implementations in an effective and timely manner.
Qualifications : Graduate/ BTech / Post graduate - MBA/ M Tech/ MCA.
Candidate must have :
- 7+ years of relevant work experience preferably in the Fintech Industry including at least 5+ year of relevant product management experience and good to have software development experience.
- MBA from top B schools in India or Abroad. Good to have graduated as an Engineer in computer science or any other relevant stream.
- Over obsessive understanding of the user on the internet and should be a Power user of internet & web platforms.
- Ideally should have worked and developed Payment Gateway products in a Fintech Industry or exposure in a startup environment or someone who has substantial experience in adding value/ increasing traffic to a highly scalable market leader product.
- Leadership skills along with superb strategic & research-oriented approach.
- Understanding of electronic payment processing/collection methods, including Electronic Clearing Service (ECS), online payment, Credit Card Processing, Banking & Finance.
- Familiarity of processes relating to payments/ collections.
- User story writing, bug and roadmap management expert
- Uses analytics expertly
- Understanding of open banking APIs
User Empathy :
- Understanding different user types and their needs
- Synthesize user needs into insights
Strategic Thinking :
- Ability to lead effective brainstorming with peers from Design, Marketing and Analytics team
- Ability to frame the problem, pull in external dynamics, involve key stakeholders, generate/prioritize ideas with appropriate support
- Articulate business problems to engineering partners well
- Write and deliver presentations to stakeholders with appropriate support
Team Management - Extensive experience in leading a team of product managers