Manager at Sabre Travel Technologies
Views:3005 Applications:148 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:63
Sabre - Executive - Procurement (3-5 yrs)
Primary Responsibilities :
- Responsible for supporting the continued development and implementation of a global procurement function based out of Bengaluru, India.
- Will support local/regional and global sourcing/procurement activities including supporting the planning, development, execution and management of category sourcing plans/activities, implementation of procurement processes, policies and controls.
- Performs spend analysis for various categories and identifies sourcing opportunities.
- Develops and executes category plans (global as well as country specific) using strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Supports key vendor relationships and activities in assigned spend categories.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers. Supports cross-enterprise sourcing activities. Questions conventional thinking and norms and provides alternatives that can improve outcomes.
- Provides category expertise to BUs to influence sourcing strategies, supplier selections and sourcing decisions.
- Drives change management to achieve category management objectives.
- Drives cost savings and risk mitigation in sourcing related activities.
- Leads commercial negotiations to obtain optimal outcomes and works with Contracts Team and Legal to review and finalize contracts.
- Gain consensus on acceptable risk levels and contract language with all stakeholders including Legal, Risk, Business Unit leadership and others.
Position Requirements :
Minimum requirements :
Education : MBA/Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related discipline is required.
Experience / specific knowledge :
- 3+ years of experience in strategic sourcing and/or category management discipline or projects required.
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and contract drafting/administration.
- Ability to influence business decisions and procedures.
- Must be self-directed, take initiative, and be an out-of-the-box thinker.
- Must have good communication (written and verbal), organization, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, ERP, Contract Management/Purchasing P2P Systems. (SAP and Ariba preferred).
Working conditions : International travel may be required on rare occasions.