Senior Recruiter at Rupeek
Views:613 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Rupeek - Company Secretary (6-10 yrs)
About Us :
Rupeek is India's fastest growing asset-backed digital lending platform. Rupeek is on a mission to solve credit needs of households and small and medium businesses in India. More than 90% of Indians don't have access to formal credit. Unsecured credit is expensive and has limited availability. On the contrary, 95% of Indian household net worth is in some form of assets. Rupeek's technology led platform enables customers to get credit against their assets making credit accessible to the masses in a fair and convenient manner.
Rupeek started its journey with a focus on gold as an asset. Indian households have a unique relationship with gold holding over 25,000 tonnes. Only 5.5% of this gold is used to obtain formal credit due to friction involved in the process of getting credit and fear of losing gold. Rupeek solved this problem over the last 5 years by providing doorstep gold loans and transformed the way gold loans are disbursed in India. More than 1 lac customers who were earlier resistant to getting gold loans now use Rupeek's digital platform to avail credit. Gold loan category alone is estimated to be at 20B USD in annual disbursement. This is just a start and Rupeek intends to launch many more financial products spanning across multiple asset classes in near future.
Founded in 2015 by Sumit Maniyar, Rupeek is present in over 25 cities in India and has touched over 1,00,000 customers. Headquartered in Bangalore, Rupeek's investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Bertelsmann and GGV Capital.
- Responsible for compliance under Companies Act, Rules and Regulations applicable to a company.
- Responsible for compliance under RBI/ FEMA regulations / SEBI LODR.
- Should be abreast with latest Rules / Regulations under Companies Act and applicable SEBI provisions.
- Ensuring compliance with Corporate Governance and with secretarial standards.
- Holding and conducting Board and General Body meetings for all companies in group
- Preparation of annual return and other applicable filings under Companies Act / SEBI regulations (debt listed entities)
- Custodian of all statutory registers, minutes of meetings and related documents.
- Hands-on with debt compliances like charge creation & satisfaction and process on issuance of NCD and Commercial paper and related corporate actions
- Liaising with internal stakeholders (board, shareholders or investor secretarial teams,etc) and external stakeholders like Registrar/ Depositories /Secretarial auditors / Due Diligence advisors.
- Working knowledge of agreements like Shareholders Agreement/share subscription agreement/ NDAs
- Hands on knowledge of Company law provisions applicable to Private Ltd companies
- Conversant with RBI regulations applicable to Banks and NBFCs
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Effective interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees (Stakeholder management)
- Qualified Company Secretary with 6-8 years of work experience & member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Work Experience in BFSI / Fintech (financial services industry) is a must