Associate HR at Research Triangle Institute
Views:3095 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
RTI International - Senior Technical Advisor - South Asia EDGE - Energy Sector (9-12 yrs)
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to addressing the world's most critical problems with science-based solutions in pursuit of a better future. Founded in 1958 with support from North Carolina government, education, and business leaders, RTI maintains close ties with North Carolina State University, Duke University, North Carolina Central University, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. RTI has nearly 5,000 personnel working in more than 75 countries, tackling hundreds of projects to address complex social and scientific challenges. Our annual turnover was $957 million in FY 2018 from Research and Development (R&D) and technical services to clients around the world. Our global experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa. In India, we have a wholly owned subsidiary - RTI International India, which works across multiple sectors, including energy with a focus on utility turnaround, implementation of clean energy solutions, affordable energy access and reduction in import dependence.
RTI International is amongst the top 6 USAID implementors. We serve as a chosen partner for USAID's Power Africa program and are working to develop and implement low emission energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increasing access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty. With a strong presence across continents and dynamic team in India, we are looking to expand our knowledge and practice to support the development of sound energy infrastructure, enabling energy sector reforms, and grow sustainable, secure energy markets throughout the Indo-Pacific.
RTI is seeking a Senior Technical Advisors for an anticipated upcoming USAID energy project in South Asia. This South Asia energy opportunity is complementary to the strategic objectives of the greater Asia EDGE initiative, and this sub-regional activity is structured around four objectives: improving performance of energy utilities, increased deployment of advanced energy systems, improved energy procurement, and enhanced regional energy trade and integration. The positions can be based in any of the following cities, and will involve travel to other cities, and especially extensive travel to Delhi: Delhi / Dhaka/ Kathmandu / Columbo / Thimphu / Male / Kabul. Local nationals from India / Bangladesh / Nepal / Sri Lanka / Bhutan / Maldives / Afghanistan are highly encouraged to apply.
This will be a senior level position, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments. The compensation will be best in industry and not a limitation for the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide overall technical vision and leadership in areas that relates to:
- Energy policy, legal, regulatory and institutional reform
- Regional energy trade including gas markets
- Generation (electricity and gas), transmission and distribution utility performance improvement
- Modern energy technologies- adoption
- Energy procurement systems
- Diversification of energy resources
- Transaction advisory and private investment
- Manage and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the region
- Represent project with partners and Government of United States
- Ensure synergies across Asia EDGE's technical components
- Ability to reside in and/or travel throughout the region required
Required minimum qualifications and experience:
- At least 10 years of technical expertise in energy markets, energy security and trade, policy and regulatory reforms, utility performance and efficiency improvement, private sector investment and smart/advance grid technology in Indo-Pacific region; experience in India and South Asian countries will be highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in energy-related engineering, economics, energy policy and/or another related field required, Advanced degree preferred
- Experience working on USAID, ADB, World Bank, or other donor funded projects in relevant fields preferably in South Asia required
- Prior experience as Team Lead, Chief of Party, and/or other senior level roles preferred
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multi-disciplinary teams;
- Extensive and substantive experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders and other stakeholders in the energy sector in Indo-Pacific;
- Strong technical expertise and management skills, and exceptional writing and communications skills in English;
- Possession of intellectual, leadership, and managerial skills necessary to develop, articulate and implement a strategic vision for EDGE
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English are a must
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.