Associate HR at Research Triangle Institute
Views:2981 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:66
RTI International - Chief of Party - South Asia EDGE - Energy Sector (18-25 yrs)
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to addressing the world's most critical problems with science-based solutions in pursuit of a better future. Founded in 1958 with support from North Carolina government, education, and business leaders, RTI maintains close ties with North Carolina State University, Duke University, North Carolina Central University, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. RTI has nearly 5,000 personnel working in more than 75 countries, tackling hundreds of projects to address complex social and scientific challenges. Our annual turnover was $957 million in FY 2018 from research consulting and technical services to clients around the world (of which, about a quarter was from USAID funded assignments). Our global experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa. In India, we have a wholly owned subsidiary - RTI International India, which works across multiple sectors, including energy with a focus on utility turnaround, implementation of clean energy solutions, affordable energy access and reduction in import dependence.
RTI International is amongst the top 6 USAID implementors. We serve as a chosen partner for USAID's Power Africa program and are working to develop and implement low emission energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increasing access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty. With a strong presence across continents and dynamic team in India, we are looking to expand our knowledge and practice to support the development of sound energy infrastructure, enabling energy sector reforms, and grow sustainable, secure energy markets throughout the Indo-Pacific.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated upcoming USAID energy project in South Asia. This South Asia energy opportunity is complementary to the strategic objectives of the greater Asia EDGE initiative, and this sub-regional activity is structured around four objectives: improving performance of energy utilities, increased deployment of advanced energy systems, improved energy procurement, and enhanced regional energy trade and integration. It will be a full-time role based in Delhi. It will involve travel across Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and Maldives.
This will be a leadership role, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments. The compensation will be best in industry and not a limitation for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall liaising with USAID and RTI home office on technical and financial; implementation of and reporting on programming
- Lead/supervise a large team comprising of senior to mid-level technical experts in energy sector
- Provide overall project vision and leadership, manage overall project design and delivery
- Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, administrative, financial, operational and logistical management
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation.
- Oversee preparation and delivering high quality reports to USAID, including quarterly and annual reports, and other reports required by the contract. This includes providing project data and information, reviewing documents for accuracy, and writing relevant sections as agreed with the home office.
- Ensure synergies across technical components of the project; Ensure good team planning, coordination, deployment of resources, and intra-team communication in support of project objectives
Required minimum qualification and experience:
- Advanced degree in engineering, international development, or a relevant field; Master's degree in relevant field will be preferred
- 20+ years of progressively responsible experience and expertise to successfully achieve meaningful and sustainable results in energy security, increasing energy diversification and trade, and expanding energy access across the Indo-Pacific; Experts with experience in India and South Asia would be highly preferred.
- Technical expertise in all or atleast one of the areas in energy markets, policy, and private sector investment and regional trade; Expertise on energy trade and regional energy market highly preferred
- Extensive and substantive experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government and regional organizations;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical expertise, superb management skills, and exceptional writing and communications skills in English and at least one vernacular language of the countries included in scope;
- Possession of intellectual, leadership, and managerial skills necessary to develop, articulate and implement a strategic vision for the project;
- Demonstrated experience of managing/leading large USAID TA programs in energy sector as COP/ DCOP for a period of 5 (five) years or above and having a contract value of US$ 30 Million and above;
- Demonstrated experience of Director Positions for other multi-lateral agency programs will also be considered
- Demonstrated experience in rapidly assembling and managing teams that have the appropriate skills and experience to effectively execute identified tasks.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.