HR at Guiltfree Industries Limited
Views:1457 Applications:389 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:70
RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group - Brand Manager - Personal Care - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (10-12 yrs)
Brand Manager, PC
To define brand strategy and architecture, analyse market/ customer trends and competition, provide inputs into developing new products within the limits of category business plan with the objective of enhancing brand market share, sales volume and profitability. End-to-end responsibility for the brand.
Areas of Responsibility :
1. Brand Planning :
Prepare brand architecture (target markets/ group, products, launch and phase out support); Conduct competition analysis for market practices in supporting brand (promotions/ activations); Plan for brand initiatives based on growth prospects and gaps in current portfolio; Share plan with Media/ MR team and seek inputs on related activities/ cost/ calendar; Conduct overall analysis on marketing spends for the brand in order to ensure achievement of brand market share and health index.
2. Brand Communication, Development and Execution :
Provide briefs to agency based on brand architecture (consumer/ product attributes, differentiation, competition etc.); Review concept/ routes options prepared by agency; Coordinate for research of identified route options; Analyse feedback and shortlist route; Review scripts prepared by agency; Conduct script/ animations research; Analyse feedback; Select production house for ad creation; Participate in pre-production meetings to provide insights; Monitor and review ad production; Monitor effectiveness of brand communicate post deployment in order to ensure effective brand awareness and recall.
3. Portfolio Planning :
Conduct industry analysis on products, competition players, growth segments, emerging segments etc.; Identify gaps and wide spaces in current portfolio; Plan for introduction of new products in portfolio/ initiatives for products in current portfolio in order to ensure portfolio meets the requirements of market/customers.
4. Packaging Development :
Prepare packaging brief with inputs on target group, market, competition, differentiation etc. to develop superior packaging structures in design. Pack test with consumers on likability and purchase intent. Projects to adhere to benchmark costs.
5. Trade Promotion :
Coordination with trade promotion vertical for brand schemes.
6. Brand Plan Review :
Monitor and review progress of brand against defined plan (using Research Agency data, Brand track etc.); Analyse competition performance; Discuss findings with TM&D sales and identify actions/ initiatives for market, manufacturing and product development in order to ensure performance of brand as per plan.
7. Consumer Promotion : Monitor and review implementation in order to create effective pull for products by the consumer in the market.
8. Market Research Conceptualization, Execution & Findings Implementation:
Analyse data and identify key trends/ correlations from the MR report prepared by agency; Identify key action points and share with relevant functions (PD/ Packaging etc.); Share findings with marketing head and finalize initiatives to be taken up for alignment of initiatives with consumer/ market requirements.
9. Media Implementation :
Discuss brief with media team/ agency and explain script; In cases interact with media partners and review media innovation if any; Evaluate initiatives with Media Team performance and identify reason for success/ failure in order to ensure effective brand awareness and recall.
10. New Product/ Product Extension Planning, Development and Launch :
Gather input on new product from usage and attribute study for the category/ products; Identify new product positioning/ story and directional product/ emotional attributes; Prepare and provide new product brief (market size, competition, flavours, gram ages, differentiation etc.) to PD; Test prototype samples and provide inputs to PD team during development phase; Coordinate for CPT with MR/ PD team; Analyse CPT results; Evaluate financials and discuss with PD/ Manufacturing in case of issues; Present product for approval to DMC/ CMC IN ORDER TO ensure successful launch of new product/ extensions in the market.
Operating Network :
External : Creative agency; Packaging agency; Activation agency; Media agency; Research agency
Internal : Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, Procurement, Research, Product Development, Quality, R&D, Legal, TM, Sales & Logistics team
Education & Relevant Experience :
- MBA in marketing from Tier I Top Management Institute with 10 years of experience in FMCG business. Experience in Brand Management is must.
- Knowledge and Business Understanding
- Knowledge of Personal Care is critical. Must have an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of Brand Management (product, price, promotion, placement;
- Knowledge of statutory compliance related to the category products (legal declarations/ implications);
- Basic knowledge of category/ product specific manufacturing process and technology;
- Basic Knowledge of logistics (load ability, supply network, time in transit, minimum load, freight cost etc.);
- Basic knowledge of finance (overhead/ revenue apportionment, budgeting, product pricing etc.)
- Skills: Business Acumen; Planning and coordination skills; Relationship building skills; Influencing skills