HR at Royal Orchid Associated Hotels Private Limited
Views:1082 Applications:292 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Royal Orchid & Regenta Hotels - Head - Human Resources Unit (10-15 yrs)
Title: Head of Human Resources Unit
Department: Human Resources
Immediate Supervisor: GM of Unit
The Human Resources head facilitates the business operations at the Unit level and is responsible for areas of Recruiting, Employee Relations, Benefits, Events, Workers Compensation, Employee Engagements and other employee-related tasks.
- Responsible for Unit level alignment of HR functions with business strategy of the organization.
- Cascade the Vision, Mission &Values of the Company to all the employees across the Unit. (KRA)
Strategic Human Resources Roles
- To ensure that the company HR operational policies and processes are adhered to and continually improved in accordance with the Corporate Office Guidelines.
- Ensures and appraises the Management about the Corporate Office HR parameters in the Unit.
- To ensure that necessary approval is obtained from Corporate Office in case of any change or deviation for better operation or necessity.
- Responds to changes in the Human Resources function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
Manpower Planning & Budgeting:
- Analyzes and prepare the Manpower Planning for the Unit in coordination with HODs.
- Preparation of the HR Budget & maintaining the HR costs within the approved budgeted limits (KRA)
Recruitment, Selection and On-boarding
- To process for filling of vacant positions at Unit Level as per vacancy and coordinate with Recruitment Cell at Corporate Office for filling of the Executive and above level positions.
- To complete the selection process of staff up to S4 Level in the Unit.
- Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates.
- Ensure that the Staff Induction is conducted on 11th and 25th of every month.
- To ensure that the vacant positions are filled in right time keeping in mind the operational and business requirements.
- Ensure that the recruitment and selection procedure is followed while an incumbent is selected.
- To ensure that the new incumbent gets the official entitlements like, Office, Phone, SIM Card etc. as per entitlement and the same is arranged before he / she assumes office.
- To ensure that the new incumbent goes through the Induction process of the Hotel and on-boarding process is followed.
- Ensuring that all the pre joining formalities and documentation are complied with. Coordinating the accommodation, uniform & bringing them onboard as per the scheduled dates.
Salary & Wage Administration, Benefits and Compensations:
- To ensure that salary is disbursed to employees on or before 5th day of the month.
- Ensure that the monthly salaries process is completed by the 3rd of every Month (KRA).
- To ensure that the salary is disbursed as to the Salary Accounts opened with Allahabad Bank only.
- To ensure that Monthly Returns of ESI & EPF dues are paid online before due date (15th day of every month) as per procedure.
- Implement corporate policies and procedures on compensation, incentive, bonus and benefits.
- To ensure that the company HR operational policies and SOPs are communicated to all employees and adhered to.
- To ensure that communication through Town Hall and Notice Boards are made in time.
- Assist in communication of key messages to all staff..
- Assists other department heads / HOD's in the formulation of HR policies and procedures for their respective departments.
- Assists in developing and conducting management training on a variety of leadership and HR topics.
- Letters of Indiscipline must be communicated to employees in writing as and when required.
- To coordinate and conduct exit interviews and communicate to corporate with a feedback.
- To coordinate all the issues of the transferred employees.
- Absenteeism Letters are to be sent to employees as per company Rules.
- Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
Performance Management and Training of employees:
- Strict adherence of Training Calendar Schedules at the Unit level as per the corporate guidelines and ensure that every employee will complete the minimum mandatory training hours. (KRA)
- To ensure that the performance reviews are done on an annual basis & compile the ratings ,and send the recommendation of RM,HOD along with the Corporate Observer with regards to Transfer, Promotions to the Corporate office.
- Conduct training needs analysis along with the HODS and communicate to the corporate.
Compliances Statutory & Internal
- To ensure that the Manpower Compliment is submitted to Corporate Office as per schedule i.e., by 8th of every Month. (KRA).
- Preparation of the Unit MIS related to HR & Training and communicating to corporate office by 6th of every Month.
- To renew / obtain and apply for the Statutory Licenses as per schedule with proper correspondence with the authorities and appraise the Unit Head accordingly.
Employer Employee Relations:
- To ensure that Employee-Employee and Employer Employee relation is conducive and healthy in the organization as per the Disciplinary Conducts and Norms of the Organization.
- To ensure that the employee grievances are addressed without delay thorough proper counseling and appropriate actions.
- Ensuring the adherence of the discipline in the Unit.
- Ensure that the grooming standards are strictly monitored and corrected.
- Continually assesses employee morale by analyzing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations.
- To ensure that Absenteeism rate is very low in the Unit.
- Provide guidance to the leadership team regarding employee morale, employee relations, coaching, counseling and discipline.
Employee Engagement and Welfare:
- To ensure employees morale and motivation is always high in the organization.
- To conduct the Staff Welfare Committee Meeting regularly.
- Coordinate and oversee all matters related to staff facilities controls and inspects staff canteen, accommodation, rest rooms etc. ensuring it is of the highest possible standard of cleanliness and comfort.
- Coordinate employee wellness and safety programs.
- Encourages a good standard of employee conduct and behavior.
- Assists in overseeing preparation of reports required by government agencies.
- To ensure that Staff Accommodation is maintained properly and the occupants adhere to the set norms.
- Oversee Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted on timely basis.
- To ensure that Town Hall Meeting is conducted as per schedule.
- To ensure that Annual Sports is conducted in coordination with Unit Head and HODs as per schedule.
- To ensure that different Employee Engagement Programmes like International Womens Day, International Day of Yoga etc. are celebrated.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing employee activities and events, including monthly staff meeting, food festivals, annual picnic, farewell party, community services.
- To prepare and coordinate all concerned for the conduct of Family Day Function on 9th of January every year in coordination with the Resort Manager.
- Annual Executive Picnic must be conducted as per the schedule.
- To maintain good and cordial relations with Local Government Authorities like ESIC, EPFO, Municipality Commissioner, Police and other officials.
- To have a good and positive relation with the authorities of Hotel Management and other Educational Institutes.
- To administer the donations to local Puja Mandaps for Sri Ganesh Puja and Sri Durga Puja etc,
Other Administrative & Miscellaneous Functions
- To ensure that all the Meetings like, Monthly Meeting, Departmental Meetings (Monthly) etc. are conducted as per Corporate Office guidelines.
- To conduct daily department briefing with Team Members.
- Ensure smooth performance of different Pujas in the Unit as per Calendar and communicate to employees.
- Issue staff or training experience and conduct certificates.
- Assists in the administration of the Hotel's social and staff benefit programs.
- Responsible for all back office and administration tasks of the department.
- Develops and maintains confidential departmental staff and associated files, documents, pay scale details and/or other important databases.
- Ensure that employees personal files are maintained with all necessary mandatory documents (KRA).
- To ensure that all the Employee details are available in the HRMS.
- Notice Board management.
- To assist the Unit Head in different official correspondence.
- Other functions and responsibilities as assigned by the Management from time to time.