CEO at Consult ShekharPandey
Views:474 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Risk Engineer - Oil & Gas Upstream/Downstream - IIT/NIT (10-14 yrs)
Risk Engineers - Oil and Gas Upstream/Downstream from IIT/NIT
The role will be heavily client facing, surveying client's oil and gas assets, producing risk assessments, loss estimates and conducting training and benchmarking exercises. The role offers the opportunity to interact with senior client staff in Risk Management, Operations and Engineering functions. The ability to communicate to all organisational levels is a critical competency. For newly recruited Risk Engineers, Our client offers a highly structured six month training and development programme.
- Responsible for Standard risk engineering surveys which is the base offering of Our client Risk Engineering and it is crucial to successful placement of insurance within the Energy industry. The scope covers Upstream & Downstream Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals & Construction industries. A survey consists of a typically 3-5 day visit to a client facility, interviews with key management teams and site tours. The output is an engineering report which details;
- Description of the site operations,
- An analysis of Loss Prevention/Mitigation features
- A ranking of the quality of the site and recommendations for improvement
- Estimation of property damage, often using our bespoke modelling software
- Surveying client's oil and gas assets, producing risk assessments, loss estimates and conducting training and benchmarking exercises.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in Risk Management, Operations and Engineering functions.
- Carrying out risk assessments of operational plants and reviewing new projects for Our client's oil/gas and petrochemical clients.
- Support the Energy Broking team in placing risks in international insurance markets.
- Responsible to develop new and expanded business opportunities.
- Manage and develop the Engineering Management System.
Technical Skills - MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of process industry technologies, energy construction management, downstream industry technologies or technologies
- Exposure to risk assessed driven decision-making is essential - relevant to field of expertise.
- Experience of technical simulation packages for process modelling, risk assessment, project execution purposes relevant to field of expertise.
General Skills - Proven Leadership skill traits (elected leader in community, school & college). Background of having leadership role.
Exceptional Selling & negotiation skills:
- Strong Analytical Skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good Networking skills and Relationship Management skills.
- Strong Communication / Presentation skills as interactions required with senior plant management personnel.
Prior Experience - 10-14 years' experience in Operations / Maintenance /Integrity/ Technical Functions in a Refinery environment.
Education/ Qualification - Chemical / Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering Degree preferably from IIT/NIT or other reputed institute.