Research Manager - Stata - NGO (3-12 yrs)
STATA Research Manager - NGO
The Research and Operations Lead will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Supervise the implementation of one or more programs, including developing work plans and tracking progress, designing and launching new services to farmers, implementing M&E activities and improvements to existing systems, managing focus group discussions and other data collection activities, and writing reports.
- Support expansion of programs and new opportunities as per requirement, including designing and executing scoping activities and developing proposals.
- Supervise from start to finish, the implementation of research projects in collaboration with our partners. This includes supporting the development of research designs and proposals, managing data collection activities and overseeing data cleaning.
- Work with relevant researchers and research affiliates to ensure that projects adhere to policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Work closely with internal researchers and our partner organizations to identify, develop, and launch new research projects.
- Directly supervise project staff (Research Associates, Project Associates, Field Staff, Interns), and lead training and onboarding of new/incoming project staff.
- Keep track of project budgets and the financial health of individual projects and collaborate with the finance team to provide inputs for accurate budgeting, and cash flow calculations.
- Contribute to general management tasks important for the organization's functioning and success - including but not limited to budgeting, hiring, and strategic planning - on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in managing partner relations and working with external stakeholders for implementation of field operations.
Required Qualifications and Experience :
- Master's degree in economics, public policy/administration or related fields. Strong coursework in economics is highly preferable.
- Strong technical understanding of economics and randomised evaluations.
- At least 4 years of experience in a multi-faceted role dealing with multiple projects and stakeholders; a minimum of 2 years of managerial experience preferred.
- The candidate must be comfortable engaging with high-level policy contacts (e.g. senior officials, senior staff from international organizations).
- Strong self-motivation and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills in English, with attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel to project sites in India.
- Proficiency in using Stata is MUST, Python, R, or other data analysis software a plus.
- Experience working in the agriculture sector and knowledge of the Indian government context.
- Experience managing partnerships with government entities, donors, and NGOs.
- Experience managing teams and interacting with institutional partners strongly desired.
- Fluency in at least one Indian language (Hindi, Gujarati, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali).
- Previous experience in India or South Asia.