Principal Consultant at Talent Leads Consultants
Views:21 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Research Engineer - Construction Firm - PhD (5-10 yrs)
Mechanical Dynamics Research Engineer(Wind Turbine system),Bengaluru
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job Description Summary :
- Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
- The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
- Activities aimed at proving a concept to be valid or technically feasible by the application of scientific and engineering methodologies. Work in this family typically has the objective of demonstrating through test or analyses the performance and implementation potential of a concept. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, individual will contribute to the planning, development, and transition of technologies from concept to products and/or services for internal and external customers.
Job Description :
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the mechanical dynamics research and design of Wind Turbine system, sub system & components. Develop High fidelity numerical simulations to enhance fundamental insights into the performance of wind turbines.
- Develop multi-body high fidelity methodology for wind turbine load calculations, drive train resonance analysis, understanding extreme events, stress & durability, acoustics etc.
- Work with business team and develop roadmap for improved dynamics prediction.
- Conceptual or theoretical activities related to the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Includes the analysis of static (structural) and dynamic (rotordynamics, vibrations) behaviour of mechanical systems
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
Required Qualifications :
- This role requires advanced experience in Engineering/Technology & Mechanical Engineering. Master's or Phd in Mechanical Engineering with thesis/dissertation in Multibody Dynamics preferably in flexible multibody dynamics
- 5+ years of industry experience in wind/automotive/aerospace in creating and validation of flexible multibody dynamics systems model
Desired Characteristics :
- 5+ years- experience to correlate simulation predictions with experimental test performance.
- In depth understanding & experience of flexible multibody dynamics with focus on validation of stress/strain time histories using tools such as SIMPACK/ADAMS
- SIMPACK/ADAMS with in depth knowledge of creating flexible substructures in FEA tools such as ANSYS/ABAQUS for use in dynamic analysis
- Develop conceptual and detailed sub-system and system Dynamics SIMPACK models to execute kinematic/compliance modeling.
- Must be proficient with in-depth understanding of structural dynamics & vibrations
Expertise on tools such as SIMPACK, ADAMS, ANSYS, ABAQUS, UNIGRAPHICS
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Annual CTC: Rupees 20,00,000 to 25,00,000