Associate Consultant at TD Newton & Associates
Views:3412 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Research Analyst - Fixed Income Domain - Investment Research Team - BFSI (4-7 yrs)
He/ She will be responsible for managing research efforts in Fixed Income Smart Beta, Risk Premia, active FI and quantitative research techniques in the Pune office in coordination with the onshore Research team. The person will be responsible for managing the Investment Research team members and also actively contribute towards any research initiatives. The qualified candidate will :
- Proactively identify the requirements of the project in terms of the business objectives
- Be able to work independently, efficiently communicate with other global researchers and portfolio managers
- Manage researchers and plan and control projects successfully
- Practice effective project coordination techniques in successfully completing and handing over projects.
The qualified candidate will ideally have strong knowledge of credit portfolio optimization and performance analysis. He/She will be excellent in data management skills and have working knowledge in few of the following: SAS, Python, R, MATLAB and SQL. He/She will have working experience in Credit risk models, PD, EAD, Predictive modeling, Quant modeling, neural networks, backtests etc.
Highly desirable skills:
- PhD or Master's degree in CS, Physics, Engineering, Stats or Applied Math with minimum 8-10 years of research or investment experience
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to noisy data
- Proficient with relational or graph databases
- A strong foundation in linear algebra, statistics, and probability
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn unfamiliar technologies and statistical methods; interest and enthusiasm in financial markets
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Key Roles & Responsibilities: List up to 6 key roles and responsibilities of this job. (Percentages must sum to 100%) Percentage
1. H/She will work very closely with onshore research team and Portfolio management team to identify, prioritize, project plan and deliver critical above-mentioned research projects by coordinating offshore team efforts.
- Implement governance mechanisms to deliver agreed research projects in time, review mechanism for accuracy and documentation for future reference.
- Map client's requirements (Stakeholder management) and coordinate in developing, transitioning work by building high performing teams in Pune
- Identify Research projects in direct conversation with global research leaders and Portfolio managers
- He/She will Design and Implement Research models and back tests. 60%
2. Management of Research Analysts and data Analysts and oversight of staffing and resource utilization.
- Set up targets and goals for the team and align them with the firms business goals
- Monitoring the performance of the team to ensure efficiency in process operations & meeting of individual & team goals.
- Coach and train newer members in the team to be able to manage complex research projects 30%
3. Design and implement Research & back test investment models for the PM's using listed Tools and techniques / Machine learning capabilities 10%
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTENT (continued)
- Business Expertise: Describe the requirement for knowledge and expertise about how various parts of the organization work together to achieve business objectives. Explain the degree of understanding required of the industry, commercial environment and of competitor's products and services.
- The role requires good understanding of Asset Management Industry and institutional investment management process. This is majorly a technical role and the person will be responsible for service deliverables of this process. The person should have strong orientation towards credit portfolio optimization and performance analysis. He/She will be excellent in data management skills and have working knowledge in few of the following: SAS, Python, R, MATLAB and SQL. He/She will have working experience in Credit risk models, PD, EAD, Predictive modeling, Quant modeling, neural networks, backtests etc
- The person should have strong Research mindset, time management and organizational skills. He should have project management experience. The person should serve as the primary liaison to the onshore and Pune based teams to coordinate workflow and ensure accuracy of output. H/She will be responsible for managing a team and ensure timely delivery of research reports. He or she should take complete ownership of the work handled by Pune team and ensure accuracy of research delivered.
- Problem Solving: Describe the nature and complexity of the problems this position encounters on a recurring basis. Include information regarding the level of innovation required, if any, and include mention of environmental factors that may add to the complexity of resolving issues.
- The person should have strong problem solving, time management, and Organizational skills. He should have strong focus on project management. The person should have ability to analyze, think critically, develop new ideas and work independently. He should have excellent verbal and written communications /presentation skills
- Nature & Area of Impact: To what degree does this job affect the business (i.e., through interactions with customers, making decisions, defining or setting strategy, etc.)? What is the breadth of the impact that this job has, either positive or negative (i.e., affects own team, department, function, business unit, geography, entire business, etc.)?
- Nature of the job is to perform Research and lead, guide and support team of senior Research analysts. Deliverables under Investment research team are critical as Portfolio Manager's decision making is dependent on the data provided by Pune team. So the work under this team is time sensitive. Incorrect research data / Errors would have direct financial impact on the business and also have a reputational impact.
- The nature of the job is to envision, test, and recommend enhancements to improve the efficiency and structure of the research models. The incumbent is expected to lead small and large research projects, and do extensive training to the members of Pune team. Incorrect modeling or coding of investment strategies may result in misleading model signals/out puts.
- Interactions / Interpersonal Skills: Describe the nature and level of interactions this job has with others, both internally and externally. Explain any specific interpersonal skills necessary to successfully perform this role (i.e., negotiation skills, represents business at external events or to governmental bodies, etc. ).
- The person should have strong focus on project management and Research mindset. He should be able motivate his team to achieve or exceed business goals. He should have excellent communication & presentation skills. The role requires him to pass on a research output to the PM's and convince them to be able to apply the models built which calls for strong negotiation skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.