Renew Oceans - Head/Manager - Human Resources (10-14 yrs)
ABOUT RENEW OCEANS :
Renew Oceans is a non-profit organization working to reduce ocean plastic pollution where it begins- in populous, river-adjacent communities in the developing world. Our vision is to create highly scalable, circular economies for plastics in river communities which are known to be the biggest contributors of ocean plastic pollution- starting with the Ganges basin.
PROJECT RENEW GANGA :
Renew Ganga is our pilot project, based near the Ganges River in Varanasi, India. We have developed a 3C (Collection, Conversion and Community) approach to address all aspects of the problem starting with collection, community engagement to conversion technology. Our goal is to divert 100,000 pounds of river and ocean-bound plastics in India in our first year.
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The People & Culture Manager will be an integral member of the leadership team, reporting to the Chief Development Officer. Primarily focused on supporting the non-profit, you will also have the opportunity to liaise with our executive staff based in the US.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Run end-to-end recruitment for the organisation from headhunting talent for the team to running the recruitment process.
- Develop a strong culture of collaboration and innovation within the team
- Develop an exceptional on boarding orientation for new hires, and manage any HR related issues with the current team.
- Be an ambassador of the organizational culture and help build a team that is aligned with our mission toward eliminating plastic pollution.
- Manage development and compliance with the HR Policy.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop a calendar of People & Culture initiatives including engagement surveys, remuneration reporting and reviews, performance and capability reviews, success and development planning, succession and workforce planning, and learning and development.
- Advise and coach team leaders to grow and develop them and their people.
- Attend to daily employment queries and administration needs, with a focus on providing outstanding customer service to our internal stakeholders.
- Administer Health and Safety requirements with a genuine concern for the well being of our employees.
- Manage employee relations issues as required
- Support other teams as and when required for timely and effective implementation of the project.
- Managing staff wellness and performance reviews.
- Motivating and supporting current staff.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
WHO YOU ARE :
1. Experienced : You have a proven track record (at least 10 years of experience) in HR, with demonstrated generalist experience working at both a strategic and hands on level. Most importantly you'll be aligned with our company values for waste management and plastic pollution.
2. Excellent communicator : You have excellent communication skills, and ability to build relationships at all levels and locations of our organisation
3. A true people person and more importantly a - people first- person
4. Reliable, flexible and comfortable working in a start-up environment. Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports Renew Oceans goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
5. Excellent problem solver - An analytical and proactive thinker who is able to deal with abstract information and come up with the best solutions to problems you are faced with
6. Open to learning, innovation and opportunities for staff development.
7. Integrity, credibility and accountability and overall high ethical standards
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.