Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:823 Applications:153 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:77
Regulatory Reporting/Data Analytics Role - SQL - Finance/Capital Market Domain (12-18 yrs)
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Center) was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support & Regulatory reporting.
Over the years, the scope of FAKC has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
The FDM (Finance Data Management) team is part of the (GFC) Global Financial Control organization within CFO division, and supports the data needs of finance business users (such as by not limited to): Data Sourcing and Provisioning, which includes the scope of EDA (Enterprise Data Architecture) defining and implementing data provisioning strategy to simplify the flow of data from all lines of business into critical enterprise functions. The provisioning strategy includes the definition of Authorized Data Sources (ADS) for domains of transaction data (e.g., mortgage), reference data (e.g., legal entity) and derived data (e.g., capital). This is an Enterprise-wide effort and team is expected to focus on developing/communicating data requirements for targeted Authorized Data Sources (ADS) and validating data in each Transaction ADS as they are built out.
This role is for a data analyst resource and will be a contributing member of the Data Management team with engagement in activities like production data validation, data governance, master data management, metadata management, restatements, data sourcing/research, and issue resolution in support of FCPS programs/projects in the US, EMEA, APAC and LATAM regulatory reporting groups.
- Assist in documenting test cases and test scripts, and execution of testing data, analyzing results, identify defects and solution for items out of tolerance
- Data validation & reconciliation: production support, monthly trend analysis or ad hoc analysis
- Data mapping and analysis
- Query various databases (using SQL), compare to source data, identify differences & provide resolution
- Support master data maintenance (MDM)
- Bulletin: Analyze impact of any changes to database, calculation rules, etc. and communicate accordingly
- Ability to facilitate monthly production process, assist with project design and other implementation activities
- Assist in metadata management work: creation of data lineage, data dictionary, business glossary, ensure completion and ongoing maintenance of the data lineage for various data elements
- Documentation: provide inputs on the project documents, etc.
- Education B.Com (Hons) or Pass+ good accounting background or CA/ICWA/CS Intermediate
- Experience Range-13 to 15
- Strong Finance background, Commerce Graduate or Post Graduate
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, highly collaborative environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify/raise questions, and problem-solving capabilities
- Fair understanding of technical functionalities and ability to work with ADS technology partners to resolve technical/data issues
- Excellent financial analysis & reporting skills with strong database knowledge
- Advanced SQL and MS Excel knowledge is a must
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and good with numbers
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills, ability to build strong rapport, respect and trust with key stakeholders and constituents
- Understanding of general ledger and financial/regulatory reporting concepts
- Knowledge in data sourcing from ADS (authorized data source) adoption perspective
- Understanding of (VBA) visual basic
- Working knowledge of Alteryx and creating dynamic Alteryx workflow
Work Time: - Shift 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM or 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Job Location: Gurugram