AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:442 Applications:85 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Registrar - University (15-25 yrs)
Our client is one of the premier universities of India having international standing, founded in 1964, accredited by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) with 'A' grade. Its graduates may be found throughout the world in all areas of engineering, science and commerce. Our client is looking to hire Registrar to manage all campuses of the university.
Role Purpose: To ensure smooth functioning of the Institute as per acts, rules, regulations and policies in existence.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (Key Activities)
1. Departmental Strategy Formulation and Planning
- Understand Institute goals and objectives and cascade this to working level;
- Create departmental level strategy and goals based on overall Institute goals and objectives
- Propose, plan and execute departmental budget; Collate information across departments, locations and plan recruitment activities.
2. Regulation and Compliance Management
- Ensure that all the rules and regulations are followed across the Institute according to MoA and compliance under UGC act, PF & Misc. Act, Gratuity act, Societies act etc.
- Serve as the Ex. officio Secretary of Board of Governors, General Body, Senate, Finance Committee, Research Board, and Examination Committee - ensure all meetings are held and minutes are circulated.
3. Day to Day Affair Management
- Communication with government bodies on behalf of the Institute
- Evaluation process of Ph. D. thesis; Providing information to external agencies, Sharing of employee related policies and changes with all the faculty and staff members
- Custodian of Institute records; Issuance of Degrees/Diplomas, medals, verification of degree etc
- Conduct Convocation; Issuance of office orders and notices
- Sign agreements and MoUs on behalf of the Institutes; HR activities - such as appointment, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation and benefit etc.
4. Crisis and Escalation Management
- Provide advice on a range of matters, especially legal
- Defend cases against Institute; Initiate / manage legal proceedings against any individual or organization on behalf of the Institute if required; Respond to requests under RTI appropriately.
5. People Management
- Allocate responsibilities within team, monitor performance, provide developmental feedback, resolve grievances, counsel and mentor new team members throughout the year
- Appraise team's performance as per the performance management cycle.
- A Master's degree (Qualification in management/law will be an added advantage)
- At least 15 years- experience of similar nature in a university or other institutes of Higher Education
- Awareness of applicable policies, understanding of faculty, student and university related rules and regulations, understanding of legal matters, understanding of finance related matters
- Knowledge of ERP operation
- Deep understanding of regulatory matters pertaining to Universities and education