Team Leader - Sourcing at ACH Management Consultant Pvt Ltd
Views:830 Applications:302 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Regional Sales Manager - FMCG/Consumer Care Division (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
Position Title - Regional Sales Manager - Consumer Care Division
Department: Domestic Sales & Distribution
Business Unit: Region - CCD Location: Region Grade / Level
Reports To (Direct) :Head- Sales CCD Reports To (Cross Fn.1) NA
Reported By (Direct Reportees): Area Sales Managers
Purpose of the Position : This position is responsible for:-
- Driving the domestic Consumer Care Division (CCD) - sales function for the assigned region through appropriate sales strategies and plans and budgetary control to obtain business results and lead market share gains for region.
- Leading the CCD regional sales force and assumes overall responsibility for strategic sales planning and designing distribution and coverage strategy for the products in both the existing and new lines across channels of General Trade, so as to develop customer base and achieve desired regional targets.
- Supporting Marketing and Trade Marketing Teams in new product launch and product promotion activities as applicable for ensuring product positioning and brand recall.
- Achieving regional sales operational objectives by standardization of various sales processes and systems, with focus on sales program implementation, trade partner's engagement/ relationship management programs, sales excellence and sales force capability development activities, sales automation etc.
Job Description :
Process/Sub Process Responsibilities/Activities:
Sales Strategy & Planning:
- Understands the overall Sales & Distribution Strategy for CCD and develops detailed sales strategy for products for the assigned region in alignment with the business vision.
- Takes overall responsibility for implementation of the sales strategy through the establishment of mid to long term performance goals and creating a sales plan and quota for districts/assigned region in support of national objectives.
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Budgeting & Financial Control :
- Monitors, manages and allots budgets based on the HO guidelines and trade marketing budgets to manage expenses within stipulated budgets.
- Plans for optimization of selling costs for the given Products / Region and ensures tracking of distribution cost and claim processing to maintain Stockiest ROI.
- Monitors the implementation of the credit policy and implements framework that would be applied across regions to ensure standard credit limits Takes responsibility for cash flows at various levels and follows mechanisms to ensure that there is no blockage.
- Channel Management - Understands the local consumption drivers in trade channels for CCD, identify their needs, drives consumption building programs and tracks effectiveness of the same.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors. Reviews regional coverage plan like possessing good customer contacts, development and enrollment of Distributors/Retailers and maintains brand focus areas to achieve the channel development targets. Evaluates channel performance and mechanisms for distribution extensions and driving secondary sales.
- Market Share improvement Uses research data to track Market Shares / availability movement across unit, maps competition activities and identify gaps & growth opportunities in appropriate channels (like distributors/retailers/stockiest) for CCD.
- Drives increase in market share and retain leadership position in assigned market by maintaining reach and depth in the region.
Sales Administration Efficiency :
- Monitors regional allocation of support provided in schemes, regional initiatives and trade programs and directs TM team in conceptualizing and rolling out sales promotion schemes/programs/ BTL activities to ensure inputs are provided to the right markets/channels/outlets.
- Ensures bringing about excellence in generating Brand awareness and recognition of CCD products by engaging with Distributors/Retailers/etc. and enhancing customer shopping experience.
- Drives product promotion and tracks launch progress and customer responses post new product launches by channel based on thorough understanding of category and distribution objectives for the products category.
- Ensures improvement in forecast accuracy and drives implementation of Go To Market Plans and brings about process efficiency through Sales force automation and Distributor/field force capability enhancement.
- Oversees resource management in the region, sales review, Depot management for stock forecasting, Schemes/Trade Marketing review and reporting, distribution claim management etc.
- Manages, retains, trains and leads the Area Sales Managers to deliver set objectives aligning them with the organizational goals and drives implementation of Sales Development/product knowledge improvement Initiatives to increase effectiveness and capability of the sales team.
- Oversees staff deployment and drives motivation levels of the team, monitors engagement and facilitates resolution of issues to manage efficiency levels and drives timely delivery of all operational targets by the team
Educational Qualification Requirements - Essential (The Basic Qualification required for this position to perform effectively) Additional (Additional Qualifications required for this position to perform effectively)
Qualification - MBA
Qualification Specialization (if any) - Sales & Marketing
Organizational Interfaces Key Internal Interface (Departments / Designations, this position needs to interface within the organization to accomplish its task effectively) Key External Interface (Public Departments / External Agencies, this position needs to interface outside the organization to accomplish its task effectively)
- Marketing/Brand Team
- Market Research Agency
- Distributors & Retailers
- Domestic SCM
- Stockists & Super-Stockists
- Depot Commercial
- FMCG Forums
- Shared Services
Knowledge & Skills Required (Functional / Technical & Behavioral ) :
(Functional / technical / behavioral competencies which are required for this role to be effective) Sl.No. Please list here the relevant Functional / Technical Skills required for this position Sl. No Please list here the relevant Behavioral Skills required for this position Sales Process and Strategy
- Sales Process and Strategy
- Result Orientation
- Supply Chain Process Knowledge
- Analytical Thinking
- Budgeting & Financial Control
- Customer Orientation (External & Internal)
- Branding & Strategy
- Team Working and Leadership
- Sales Forecasting
- Sales Demand & Supply Management
- Strategic Orientation
- Channel Development & Management
- Build and Leverage Network
- Trade Marketing
- Commercial Acumen
- Consumer Behavior
- Sales Development
- Understanding of Markets, Customer segments and Sales Channels (Consumer care products)