Founder/Managing Partner at People Hire Consulting
Views:19457 Applications:3082 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:291
Regional Sales Manager - eCommerce (3-8 yrs)
Location : Mumbai
Role Type : Team Manager (Team Size- 8-12) Department : Sales
- Are you customer obsessed, relentlessly focused on achieving high standards, street-smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, an experienced and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic- If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
- Client's vision is to enable small and medium businesses (SMBs) in the fast growing digital economy by creation and upliftment of SMB capabilities. Through innovative tools and training mechanisms, we upskill SMBs enabling them to use the fast growing digital space to grow their business. At organization, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team determined to take ecommerce to every small and medium business in India.
- The ideal candidate will have leadership experience preferably in managing sales organizations, ability to work in an environment with minimal supervision, having problem solving skills and capability to influence multiple external and internal stakeholders. The candidate should be comfortable interfacing with technology systems and be able to analyze data and gather actionable conclusions.
- Operating in a rapidly changing environment will require the candidate to be comfortable dealing with ambiguous, new and challenging situations. The candidate will bring an ability to create and communicate a bold vision for the organization.
Role and Responsibilities :
- Manage a region with more than 10 cities to acquire new sellers in specific categories and with desirable selection
- Understand products and services offered by client and be able to articulate its functions and benefits to internal and external audiences.
- Hire, train and manage a team of sales & city leads across multiple locations
- Develop and implement standard operating processes to scale the working of the organization.
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals we target for various services using local knowledge, secondary research and past data
- Identify valuable sellers and selection for client's services
- Lead the team of sales leads to acquire retailers with valuable selection and to manage their performance in early days to establish long-term partnerships
- Interface with internal teams to identify seller integration needs and deploy resources to lift these seller capabilities to work on online platform
- Drive adoption of new services, promotions or processes across city teams
- Analyze data and improve or develop processes to help sellers become successful on online platform.
- Review the processes through customer feedback mechanism and provide feedback and suggestions to modify them to enhance customer experience
Prior Experience and skills :
- More than 3 years of experience in sales and leadership roles of large teams.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business - by the numbers . Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Experience working with SME retailers is an advantage.
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desired.
- Experience in defining new processes is desirable.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English is important along with awareness of local retail landscape.
- Personal attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Has sound judgment and ability solve on the spot.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, perseverance and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- Makes good decisions when analysis of data is not sufficient to reach a conclusion.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box. Develops original