Principal Consultant at Aniaaz Consulting Private Limited
Views:29190 Applications:1423 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
Regional Sales Head - FMCG (12-18 yrs)
- To lead, direct and motivate the sales team from the given zone to achieve targeted top-line and bottom line objectives, through proper sales planning, market promotion and operational budgets in the region.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Provide support in Formulation of Marketing & Sales Strategy. Understand the key inputs required for the formulation of marketing & sales strategy. Define the objectives of market research. Ensure timely conduct of market research by sales team. Analyze the research finding.
2. Develop Business Plan. Discuss and finalize the sales targets and budgetary allocation with Head Marketing & Sales. Communicate sales targets to the area sales managers (ASMs). Ensure timely submission of implementation plan and budgetary requirements by ASMs. Discuss and finalize the implementation plans and budgetary requirements.
3. Manage execution of Marketing & Sales Strategy. Understand and communicate the positioning and branding strategy to the sales team. Participate in finalization of policies for the sales process. Volume/ turnover discounts. New product discount. Annual incentive for channel partners. Sales related expenditures e.g. sales promotion, customer relations, traveling, etc. Provide information on inventory requirement to Head Marketing & Sales, and ensure availability of products. Coordinate with Marketing for effective product display (shop in shop). Conduct regular market visits, meet key customer (dealers) and assist the local sales team in achieving targets. Keep track of the inventory levels and outstanding payments.
4. Manage Channel Partners : Develop and build relations with various stakeholders. Key customers/ influencers. Key vendors/ service providers, Competitors, etc. Represent in various events, exhibitions, etc.
5. Commercial : Ensures 30 days cycle and payments of dealers. Ensures all projects are on advance payment or PDC. Keeps control over the Credit Period by keeping track of the Ageing Analysis. Keep cheque bouncing cases under control. Counters competition by conceptualizing and implementing trade schemes. To ensure proper indenting of stock for availability to the sales team. Ensure statutory requirements of the company.
6. Manage People : Coordinate with HR department in defining training programs, conducting interview and selecting candidates. Provide guidance, leadership, communicate expectations and motivation to the sales team across hierarchies. Appraise performance of sales team and provide periodic feedback. Conduct exit interviews.
7. Manage MIS : Ensure documentation as defined by MIS systems. Review monthly performance of sales team. Product wise Sales (budget vs. actual). Collections (budget vs. actual) Sales Expenses and profitability.