Founder at Talentiser
Views:2834 Applications:333 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:230
Regional Operations Manager - Last Mile - Online/eCommerce (10-20 yrs)
Job Summary :
The Regional / Zonal Manager of Operations will be responsible for the overall effectiveness and health of operations in his/her region by ensuring continuous development, implementation and monitoring of all processes within the hubs and service centres. He/She will build and manage high performing teams with high motivation through effective leadership and line management of all staff.
This person will contribute to the implementation of best practices to continuously improve overall operational performance.
Job Duties :
- Plan, implement and manage the day to day operations within the region by liaising with internal stake holders, logistics providers, and transportation companies and in some cases customers.
- Deliver solutions to operational problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
- Monitor quality, delivery times, and transport costs.
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency
- Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained and accurate
- Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available
- Ensure compliance with regulations/customs regulations and legal and health and safety requirements
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process
People Management :
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that exceeds agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process
- Minimum Bachelors in related curriculum with course work in materials or logistics.
- Preferred Master's in related curriculum such as business management
- 15+ Years of working experience in a distribution warehouse / logistics environment in a managerial/leadership position
- At least 10+ Years of People Management Experience
- 8+ Years of work Experience ideally in on field operations management or process environment
Skills Required :
- Impressive oral, written and inter personal communication skills with Strong negotiating skills.