Views:3556 Applications:529 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:507
Regional Manager - Sales - FMCG - South Region (10-15 yrs)
Job Title: Regional Manager, Sales
Reports to: Sales Director, India
Location: Region wise
No. of Direct Reports: 4
The Regional Manager's primary purpose is to lead the regional sales force to achieve and exceed the agreed sales and commercial objectives within budgetary constraints, through selling, negotiating and executing the company's 4P objectives with key trade sectors.
This role is an important part of the Sales Leadership team in the country. The role holder interacts continuously with the Marketing, Key Accounts, Finance, Supply and HR teams. Externally the role holder interacts with the distributors and the stock holders.
You will have full accountability for developing the strategic plan for your Region to drive sales and profit exceeding targets in all categories across the portfolio. Managing the P&L with regards to topline and bottom-line
- Achieve and exceed month-wise sales objectives of the region for the entire product range
- Implement the company's credit policy
- Ensure region's CFC is within budgets
- Attract, develop, retain and engage the direct and indirect sales personnel in the region
- Ensure that all new people who join the region are inducted well
- Conduct and lead the communication meeting and ensure that the entire communication flows down appropriately right till all the TSIs, distributors, and DBSRs in the region.
- Set objectives for and coach the ZSM and ASMs in his team to ensure that they meet their objectives.
- Appraise periodically, the individual performance of direct reportees against agreed standards of performance, identify areas for improvement and implement training plans.
- Study all the TSI appraisals sent by ASMs and ZSMs and implement a fair and objective performance management system.
- Prepare developmental plans for all ZSMs and ASMs in consultation with HR/ sales training/ and HOS, and ensure its implementation.
- Manage the aspirations of the entire sales team in line with the career progression policy of the company and ensure that the employee turnover of the company of the sales team is within acceptable limits.
- Maintain open communication with managers, staff, business associates, and representatives and succeed in building and maintaining enthusiasm and a positive attitude in all of them
- Carry out timely disciplinary measures and separation procedures as appropriate within the company guidelines.
Coverage and Direct and Indirect distribution :
- Define and communicate coverage norms and ensure implementation within these guidelines.
- Study, approve and ensure implementation of systematic and cost effective coverage of outlets as per targets, including cooperatives
- Drive business in institutions and the quotations business as per targets
- Set, monitor and ensure achievement of brand wise and area wise distribution targets for outlets under direct coverage
- Study retail audit data, on market share and distribution trends, develop innovative plans in consultations with ZSM/ Marketing/ HOS and implement the same
- Ensure proper identification, activation, and management of wholesales channel and innovative distributor, coverage of outlets not under direct coverage
Placement, Distributor and Super Stockist management :
- Timely proposals to HO on display plans for the region
- Training team members to gain shelf to maximize placement viz-a vis competition and objectives
- Ensure all POS material and creative merchandising material is used in the most effective manner
- Ensure that all managers, TSIs and DBSRs are adequately equipped with the merchandising kit.
- Recruit and select (and set up appropriate systems for the same) distributors in the region as per the desired profile to ensure proper service to the market and their contribution to our business as per norms
- Monitor constantly the sales and inventories of major distributors and take corrective actions where required, take appropriate measures to activate and retain distributors
- Ensure timely service to the distributors, in the areas of delivery of stocks, adjustment of credit notes etc.
- Ensure contact to distributors as per company norms, to share information and motivate them so that they are fully involved in the business.
- Review client structure periodically and define appropriate norms to assess the contribution to business service rendered, area covered, financial condition etc. and take appropriate corrective actions
- Set targets for all territories based on historical trends and future inputs for the full year and month wise
- Suggest and plan innovative solutions to achieve the desired business growths. Actively participate and contribute to the quarterly meeting to achieve desired objectives.
- Prepare Rolling forecasts for the next three months for all SKUs, and communicate them appropriately to the Head Office.
- Prepare MMR on time and discuss it with HOS ensuring fulfillment of objectives.
Reporting and Administration :
- Maintain contact with HOS, discuss issues, follow instructions and report implementation levels.
- Monitor results obtained on a regular basis. Determine deviations from plans, if any, and institute corrective actions as necessary. Report to HOS of any major deviations and suggest corrective measures.
- Study, analyze, verify, approve of and control all reports and expenses in the Region.
- Plan and undertake travel to meet all contact norms, monitor contacts made by managers to TSIs / CFAs & distributors.
- Highlight any special achievement of managers, TSIs to HOS.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting from the field and RSO, meet all reporting schedules to HO.
- Maintain and update periodically the database for the Region covering significant aspects of business, ensuring the same at all levels.
- Ensure that all local statutory requirements are complied with fully
The role holder plans and initiates timely recruitment of all Sales Personnel in the region ensuring complete staffing. S/he also manages the aspirations of the entire sales team in line with the career progression policy of the company and ensures that the employee turnover of the sales team is within acceptable limits. The challenge is to study, analyze, verify, approve and control all reports and expenses in the Region; maintain and update periodically the database for the Region covering significant aspects of the business.
Proven track record of Sales Management (in FMCG) with Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities & understanding the sales and marketing strategy and planning issues.
- Qualification- MBA (Sales and Marketing)
- 10+ years of experience in a FMCG environment
- Strong knowledge of field sales
- Team working spirit and excellent communication skills
- Highly motivating and encouraging as a guide
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams
- Sound commercial understanding of business issues and opportunities
- The clear understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation