Associate Principal - Retail at ABC Consultants
Views:1722 Applications:608 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:601
Regional Manager - Sales - FMCG - South & East Region (10-15 yrs)
Spearhead Sales function in the 2 zones (South & East India) through HORECA, Modern Retail, General Trade functions for premium beverages/foods / related products. Someone having worked in Emerging Channel would be of advantage
Sales and Commercial Performance :
- Develop a plan and sales strategy that ensures attainment of the regional sales goals and profitability, as agreed upon with Head sales
- Prepare and assign the sales budget within the team and monitor the performance against the budget
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new customers
- Negotiate terms and conditions with new accounts and prepare a proposal for management's review
- Keep a track of customer sales on a monthly basis for all brands.
- Direct the sales team for all sales activities in related channels and operations, including distribution management of key brands in existing and new markets, merchandising / placement of point-of-sales materials, pricing, etc.
- Conduct monthly reviews with team and management on sales performance, growth prospects, and challenge resolution.
- Create and run an efficient route to markets for existing or new markets.
- Manage the stock levels at distributor point & availability in outlets efficiently
- Monitor pricing of the products in all accounts
Market Visits & Promotions :
- Ensure proper coverage of the market on a regular basis as per the agreed Plan.
- Ensure all market commitments are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper follow up and implementation of all promotion programs.
- Maintain and grow relationships with all accounts in the area.
Credit & Payment Collections :
- Monitor account receivable in the trade in accordance with credit control procedures/ratings and objectives set by the Company including to minimize bad debts and to regularly review credit limits
- Keep an eye on the financial status of each customer in order to minimize bad debts
- Ensure collections within the due date
Trade Relationship :
- Manage the team in building up an effective and smooth relationship with customers in order to optimize operational effectiveness, business performance and goodwill
- Establish excellent relationship with trade customers including key management of outlets
- Manage directly and lead relationship with partners key decision-makers
Competitors analysis :
- Organize a smooth bottom-up information flow
- Monitor and assess competitors- activities, market changes, and trends and recommend timely and effectively responsive actions
Team Development & Supervision :
- Manage the sales team on the ground.
- Provide support and coaching to sales executives in the team.
- Supervise the team, to the necessary level for the efficient and effective operation of the team.
- Lead the team meeting to review and update the market activities and information.