Regional Manager - Logistics - FMCG (7-12 yrs)
Base Station : Lucknow/ Kolkata/ Bangalore/Delhi/Chennai
About Human Capital Solutions is a leading executive search firm based out of New Delhi providing recruitment assistance to a broad spectrum of industries.
Human Capital Solutions are working in partnership with leading Consumer Durable to recruit Regional Manager - Logistics.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a globally recognized business and a world-leading Logistics team where you can truly develop your skills and experience.
- Responsible for overseeing the inventory management process, defining departmental strategies for appropriate inventory levels, eliminating obsolete and off-spec material, and reduce aging products
- Facilitates and advises on the most efficient and economical routing and form of transportation and determines ways of generating cost savings and delivery & return flow efficiencies.
- Actively participates in the investigation of and reporting on customer complaints that relate to inefficiencies and/or mistakes in the field of logistics and transportation.
- Analyzes the functioning of logistics and warehouse processes, procedures and develops improvement plans
- Develop and maintain transportation system on domestic and international freight that ensures business needs are met
- Manage customer service activities including order entry, customer satisfaction, interface with sales, production, labs, regulatory, and quality ensuring that client's customer service creates competitive advantage in marketplace including resolving critical customer complaints
- Be familiar with all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and acts in compliance with all regulations.
- Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics and customer service department budgets
- Develop and lead Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Ensure Company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials. Resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution
- Ensure Logistics Department complies with ISO requirements
- Maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Participate in personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management, providing opportunity for high performers, education, communication, expectation setting, and self actualization
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
Desired Skills & Experience :
- To perform effectively in this position, this person will need to have the following knowledge, skill and/or ability in the area of Logistics Management/Purchasing/Supply Chain Management.
- Must be degree qualified from a prestigious university in a quantitative degree such as Business, finance, economics, engineering.
- Proven team leader with excellent management skills
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
- Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing senior management and peers
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
- Strong analytical skills and excellent use of Excel and sourcing systems
Position Code : RML09/HCS