Consultant at DelverveHR
Views:958 Applications:283 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:168
Regional Head - Operation - Logistics Firm (15-18 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement and enforce all policies and procedures for the entire operations department.
- Create SOPs and process auditing framework
- Conduct inventory audits with 100% accuracy following company procedures.
- Build and cultivate a lasting rapport with employees, peers, upper management and outside vendors.
- Establish long-term customer relationships through prompt and courteous service.
- Forecast manpower requirements based on daily workload and company targets.
- Lead warehouse improvement initiatives to advance operational efficiencies.
- Monitor warehouse costs and reduced expenses when possible.
- Carrying out store management of various products including operations, packaging and space management.
- Replenishing & ticketing of stock items by raising purchase indents and delivery advises & scrutinizing purchase indents for spare parts of equipment.
- Design strategies for distribution, stock, transportation & customer services entailing process optimization and location planning.
- Sustain the existing network & manage supply chain, ensuring timely distribution of merchandise.
- Monitoring availability of stock, making appropriate arrangements to ensure on time deliveries.
- Identify & sourcing material, formulating budgets for timely procurement of materials, assisting with logistics support and cost analysis to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Negotiating on pricing; procuring materials at the best available price and handling disposal of scrap & salvage.
- Identifying manpower requirements through skills identification and mapping for articulating the skills requirements and gap analysis.
- Maintaining inventory at minimum possible level & clearing non-moving item..
- Handle dispatches of the input items to other units and maintaining the safety in the stores.
- Preparing daily stock statement of soft and finished components.
- Preparing monthly, half yearly & yearly inventory (stock without value).
- Maintaining stock ledger for raw materials & packing materials.
- Following up of materials from new and old vendors from all parts of India.
- Preparing Material receipt Certificate (MRC) for all delivery challan's and forwarding it to Accounts Department.
- Design and roll out operational excellence project/ initiative resulting in the efficiency improvement
- Devise KPIs/KRAs to monitor the warehouse performance
- Strategies the Designing or consolidation of new facility/ existing facility keeping the business requirement, projected growth or new business in mind.
- Devise & implement distribution strategies for different channels e.g. Stores, Ecommerce, local distributors etc.
- Lead the operational setup (SOP formulation, KPI matrix, SLA, implementation & tracking) and handhold till the time unit achieves the required efficiency.
- Lead the warehouse capacity planning (space, system & Processes, Manpower), Recruit the required manpower, put the required system & processes in place.
- Finalize 3PL vendors for a new facility or extended facility; negotiate to get the best price.
1) Inventory management/ Material Management
2) Supply Chain Management
3) Warehouse Operations
4) Logistics Management
5) Lean Six Sigma operations
6) Process Improvement
7) Budgeting and finance
8) Purchase and Procurement
9) Price Negotiation
10) Quality Control
11) Advanced skills in ERP and WMS distribution systems