Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:3483 Applications:1061 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Regional Head - Business Development & Presales - Education/Energy/Agro/Natural Resources (15-25 yrs)
Only those currently in UAE/AFrica need apply
Our client is a large multinational group providing a broad portfolio of Education, Energy, Agro and Natural Resources solutions to its business and sales partners in Africa, UAE, Europe and APAC Region
Their initiatives have helped build long-term relationships with communities and stakeholders in all the countries. The end result is in the form of customized, impactful solutions that are scalable and can withstand the test of time.
Key Result Areas :
- Revenue & Profits
- Commercial Controls
- Effectively plan, direct, and manage business development activities across Planet-one Group.
- Establish contact and relationship with Government Representative in Africa
- Ensure relationships with clients are maintained throughout the project execution stages
- Identify and establish contact with clients, close sales, prepare and sign off contracts as per authority matrix
- Meet Planet-One Group's revenue targets for infra, education, agriculture, mining, health care, and solar
- Lead and motivate the BD & Pre-sales team, ensuring fair and effective means of monitoring performance
- Lead client briefing meetings between the operations team and clients once a project is awarded
- Track and monitor clients- feedback and ensure that clients- complaint is resolved within the agreed timeframe
- Management Reporting
Key Deliverables :
- Forecast, Budgeting, and Planning
- Prepare Annual Business Plan across sectors in discussion with the chairman
- Prepare sales forecasts annually based on discussion with the Chairman
- Ensure the availability of a steady pipeline of sales enquiries from prospective clients through strong business development efforts
- Prepare the BD budget, while ensuring the availability of necessary resources to achieve the
Projected sales forecast :
- Achieve annual revenue target for Planet-One Group as set by the Chairman
- Conduct feasibility studies, country reports and other development projects, to enable decision making on growth and expansion plans.
Sales & BD strategy :
- Take ownership of the management of BD, and Pre-sales functions of Planet-One; develop robust sales & BD strategy in other to sustain business growth
- Conduct market research and provide market feedback to the Chairman regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and new ideas for leveraging on Planet-one's competitive edge
- Oversee Planet-One's overall business development efforts and work with the team to ensure that they are aware of the latest trends and target sectors market in Africa
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to the BD, and Pre-sales teams as and when required
- Ensure that transactions with clients are done with adequate diligence and that all commercial controls are followed
- Implement sales incentives to drive sales performance within the team.
- Regularly establish relevant contacts, and keep identifying potential opportunities through networking across Africa
- Formulate department's strategy, and corresponding initiatives, towards generating additional business as well as enhancing the profitability of existing accounts.
- Coordinate with COOs, Operations Heads, Procurement, Finance, etc. for preparing project proposals
- Responsible for contract verification and risk assessment, including commercial and legal aspects
- Lead the contract clarifications and discussions meetings with clients
- Support the Project Finance team in follow up and collection of overdue receivables
- Ensure all receivables are adequately followed up and collected from clients and that there are no write off, due to inadequate commercial control
Client Relationships :
- Keep an active communication line with clients; monitor client satisfaction level in ongoing projects, and be involved in resolving clients- complaints.
- Ensure growth of Planet-One's customer base, and ensure that existing customers are retained
- Ensure that relationships that were made at the time of securing an order are carefully maintained through the project execution stages.
- Develop database of key executives / decision makers and monitor future project initiatives for potential clients.
Managerial/Supervisory Duties :
- Plan and assign tasks to the Business Development and Pre-sales teams
- Ensure that business travel expenses of the BD team are within budgeted levels
- Create a work environment that minimizes turnover and maximizes retention and productivity
Personal Duties :
- Responsible for training and development of team members as Head of the Division
- Display a high degree of professionalism and integrity as befitting the position
- Maintain a good knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly and helpful to fellow employees
- Pro-actively take responsibilities of colleagues during their absence
- Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives
Position Competencies :
Technical Competencies :
- Preferably an Engineering/Management graduate
- Minimum of 15-25 years of related experience, out of which 10 plus years should be in Africa countries.
- 15 years of experience working in liaison with senior level Governmental authorities.
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth
- Experience in driving a business development campaign and leading a team to build new contacts and partnerships.
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and be able to prepare detailed documents and feasibility studies.
Behavioral Competencies :
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Excellent operational execution skills (thorough planning, smooth step by step execution, deadline driven and have a high quality threshold).
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Mature personality with wide business experience, self motivated and adaptable
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.