Regional Credit Head - Corporate/Wholesale Banking (14-20 yrs)
Regional Credit Head - Corporate/Wholesale Banking- BANK
Given below the position details with a Leading India Bank
Position : Regional Credit Head - Corporate/Wholesale Banking, Location - Mumbai
Territory : Part of West India and complete East India.
Grade : VP/SVP
Reporting to : Head Credit Risk (Corporate/Wholesale Banking)
Business Unit : Risk
Function : Wholesale Banking Risk
Sub Function : Corporate Banking
Job Description :
- Responsible for independently managing a sizable regional portfolio of corporate clients and maintain healthy portfolio quality.
- Responsible for managing a team of Credit Officers and guide them to take credit risk decisions aligned with the bank's risk appetite.
- Responsible for credit approval of corporate clients in adherence to the organisation`s policy.
- Identifying and mitigating risk through regular monitoring and taking timely decisions on the exposure levels, collateral and guarantees for all regular banking and treasury products.
- Responsible for independently managing stakeholders from business i.e. directly negotiating structure / proposals with Regional Business Heads and navigating requests till the conclusion.
- Driving/ leading risk related activities working with cross functional stakeholders for their input, sign-offs, etc.
- Review and adherence of the rating methodology / framework for risk classification.
- Working closely with external partners to create the risk grading & portfolio management system.
- Active client interaction for risk assessment as well as execution of transactions.
- Responsible for identification of other risks and escalation to relevant risk partners.
- Regulatory interaction for Credit Risk Management.
- Maintaining a healthy portfolio to ensure minimal stress accounts or NPAs
An Ideal Candidate should possess :
- Strong experience in credit approval
- Relevant underwriting experience of corporate clients, especially mid-corporate/ emerging large corporates segment
- Experience of managing a team of credit officers or analyst
- Sound understanding of corporates across industries
- Sound Analytical skills & great interpersonal skills
- An effective team player